ACT 2 - Chapter 6

You distinctively remember that at the end of many quests consisting of caves, fatui, elemental creatures, ancient robots and monster fights there would be a portal waiting for you to use but you don't see any around.

Maybe they are just not common or they are in the game for time-reducing purposes.

You choose not to ask about it. 

The walk back was interesting, at the least. 

Imagine walking all the way back through a dungeon. Actually, I did walk back when I played Undertale just to see if I could get Flowey to plant himself in my shoe and take him to the surface with me. Ugh, I cried so much for that flower. 

Because of this, you end up having to create your own bridge to replace the part you broke indirectly and it just so makes you wonder about a few things.

Why didn't I make a whole other bridge when I passed the first time? 

Then you remember. 

Despite being able to control the element, most people with visions can't do the stuff you can do. You can't sprinkle, poof, and kiss something hoping it will turn in your favor.

I suppose control over it depends on the wielder too. Not everyone can pull meteorites from space or have tsunamis wash everything in their path. 

You would have certainly raised a lot of questions by doing something like that here. Besides, you're not even sure you can create such a long-distance bridge right off the bat. It would probably take you more training to do so. And is it worth it when you claim that you don't know how to fight? You're already being suspicious by surviving the previous attack and blowing a hole in the rock walls. 

Normal people don't do that, do they?

Shit, you don't know what's normal and what is not regarding abilities in this world. All these rules and all these things to take into account and think of make your brain turn to mush and it's worse than the anger of seeing your least favorite subject in school.

You kook at Diluc stealthily.

Diluc's got his eyes on me from the beginning and I gave him reason to believe something is off about me. 

You shift your eyes to Aether. 

He doesn't look that suspicious. He's either faking it or he really doesn't know. Paimon is sleeping on his back so I'll assume everything is alright there. But he looks like a cinnamon type of boy so I don't think fakery is his style. 

Hmm. That's more Kaeya's style. 

Too bad I can't isolate myself. It would make things so much less stressful. Damn. Adulting is hard.

What's more, when you got back, you got back to an annoyed Jean and half-drunk Venti playing cards at a bar. You avoid eye contact with them. Venti jumps up from the seat and with a beaming smile, he greets you all. 

"Welcome back!" Then he spots the Lyre that Diluc is holding and his eyes sparkle. "Ah! That's the Holy Lyre! You managed to retrieve it!" 

Jean looks impressed too even with her arms crossed like that. However, that's not enough to distract her from sending subtle glares at you for pretending to ignore this. But it looks like she's going to play your game for now as she steps close to the group and Venti. 

"So? What do you think, Venti? Can you summon Dvalin with it?" 

Her tone changes back to a more professional one that makes you slightly you uncomfortable.