ACT 2 - Chapter 19

The discussion he had with you was more or less a warning to keep an eye out. One of his colleagues found out that there's someone rich out there sponsoring nations other than sweet old Snezhnaya and that got his panties in a twist so he is on a mission to find whoever that person or group is.

So he told you that while you do fit the criteria for people with money by simply having his agents stalk you through Liyue, his colleague should not have an easy time tracking you down specifically, after all, you're not the only one who can afford more than a comfortable life and not everyone connected you to the traveler.

You were surprised that he admitted openly to this, and he simply responded that there was no point hiding it from you specifically anymore since you didn't take his bait and he has a feeling you wouldn't ruin his plan because, in his words, you are a sweetheart, then he added that his colleague's business is not his to worry about anyway. If he decides to pursue something out of his archon's interest, then they are on their own. But you just so happen to be his interest so of course he warned you.

And he's right about you.

You have decided to let him do his thing since Zhongli himself doesn't seem worried about it, in fact being the opposite of worried.

You know he has a plan. Logically speaking, if he allows Childe to run rampant then it must mean that the harbinger plays a part in all of this, you just don't know exactly what.

Either way, that also means that if Childe wants to be a menace, then you have to let him be a menace. Zhongli will throw rocks at him later if he fucks up. So you let yourself partially out of the loop.

You thanked Childe for the heads up. You may have ground to stand on for a friendship. Even the date went well, so why not?

If this colleague of his is onto you, he'll have to work for it like everyone else while you ignore him to the best of your abilities.

Childe, again, offered to accompany you to join the others after he received news that the group was at Bubu Pharmacy. You get there just in time for Childe to pull you aside and hide behind the walls.

He hushes you and whispers in your ear. "The zombie child sent them to bring them milk from something called a 'coco-goat'."

"What is a coco goat?" You ask, confused.

"No!... Im- Impossible!..." Her voice rings through the pharmacy laced with disappointment.

"Seems Qiqi took this pretty hard..."

"She just needs time to work through it."

You recognize their voices.

Then, someone else speaks up. "Haha, someone learned a valuable life lesson today, then? Thank you all for looking after my little Qiqi."

"Might I ask who..." Zhongli asks the newcomer.

"Ah, how rude of me. I'm Baizhu, boss of the Bubu Pharmacy."

Once the name is learned, you struggle to keep your curiosity to yourself so you peek around just enough to see long green hair and a light blue outfit. There's something white around Baizhu's neck and shoulders, but you can't tell exactly what as his back is facing you more than his side.

You shoot Childe a look and he confirms in a single nod that Baizhu is the boss.

"Paimon thought Qiqi was the boss... Turns out it's some wacko who wears medicinal ingredients around his neck!"

Paimon's comment missed the medicine man completely and instead offended someone else.

"What a sorry state of affairs. This little mascot is even more of a simpleton than Qiqi..." Another voice said, more feminine, but you don't see anyone else there. Yet, you don't let that confuse you as you almost laugh out loud. Childe places his hand over your mouth to muffle the sound. The two of you watch as Paimon floats back in shock. "AH! The medicine- The snake is s-speaking!"