ACT 2 - Chapter 3

You knew it. You should have minded your business. 

As you tried to recollect your pieces from the fright you just got a while ago, something, or rather someone stepped into your view. You don't even know when they got there. 

Their shadow landed on your body and you opened your eyes to see a tall and scary-looking nun glaring in your direction.

She was frowning at you like you were some kind of pest and you felt the need to turn around on your belly, so you did it. 

"Hiding won't help you, stranger." 

She grabs the back of your clothes and with a single tug she lifts you on your feet. 

You don't recognize her, but she's very intimidating and if those muscles you saw are real(they are), then you have no chance of escaping her. But why would a nun like her have muscles? It's not like she needs them, right? 

Wait, this is not Earth and if that nun has muscles, then she has a reason for them to be there.

To tear me apart probably.

"Oh, um... My apologies?" 

"Who the hell are you?" She asks. You flinch at her unexpectedly harsh tone while she narrows her eyes in your direction.

You don't know if it's because she's getting straight to the point or not, but you have the impression that she's more intense than Kaeya. Or maybe you just don't deal well in this kind of situation where you have to defend yourself and your identity.

"My name's Y/N! I'm a traveler of some sort." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"I mean... uh... I'm at the beginning of my journey. I'm from Liyue actually so I don't know much about the outside." 

"Huh? Were you raised in a barn?" 

You cough. 

"That's not what I mean, uh. I just didn't have many friends or opportunities to explore... other things." 

"Aha. Are you friends with the bard then?" 

"Which one." You ask confused.

"The annoying one." 

"Venti? For the record, he's not annoying, just a goof. And yes, he's my friend!" Her face darkened for a second and you thought you sealed your fate until she started speaking again.

"I suspected as much. You look like someone who would choose to waste their time with him."

Wow, she's so mean!

"I'm sorry if I seem rude, but..." You eye her up and down and she crosses her arms to her chest looking at you expectedly "Aren't you a nun or something? Why are you talking like this?" 

"I talk however I want and I couldn't care less about Barsibatos. You're not the first or the last to ask me that." She doesn't say anything more than that.

I guess she's private. Alright then, keep your secrets.

"Sister Rosaria! Are you here?!" You hear another voice yell.

So her name's Rosaria? Makes me think of Roses and pink and sweet-smelling perfume. Honestly, the name sounds better than she is in person. Or maybe it's a side of her that is on the surface to protect her- no, she's just a powerful intimidating woman. Like how roses are pretty, but have thorns! Also...

"Who's Barsibatos?"

Rosaria, the intimidating nun with a weapon passes by you without another word. The younger, sweeter, and more lively voice calls out her name once again, and not even a moment later a shorter and younger female rounds the corner and smashes against you like a rock, sending you and her tumbling down.