ACT 2 - Chapter 15

Warning! I am not an expert in psychology and this chapter is all about Noele.

Ever since the new update came out, she's been busy rolling the dice of luck and spending her "stars" on the new banners.

Despite the popular belief that she's a completely lazy potato and a cheater like her parents claimed her to be, she's not. She's hardworking and eager to earn more primogems and completing daily missions as well as side quests, which mind you, she would normally never do.

But that's not what her parents meant. If you looked in her room right now, you'd notice multiple bags of untouched food and cans of soda, as well as a bunch of gum stuck underneath her nightstand and candy wrappers tucked underneath the desk. Unnatural and unpleasant sight to see. The smell of bleach hangs heavy in the air and the box of green hair dye is somewhere on the floor of the bathroom where the door is open. She decided to re-do her hair as the previous color started to fade. It looks good on her though, nobody would say otherwise.

It's been a tough time ever since her good friend Y/N has disappeared from the face of the earth, maybe quite literally, and left her alone in her depression and desperation for something, anything to cling onto. She remembers the day you have met, the days at schools in which she'd cling to your arm like a lost child would to her mother. You were perfect for her, too perfect, which pissed her the fuck off.

She knows she's caught in between the raging narcissism and the feeling of heartbreak, or at least something as close as possible to it.

It's been a full year since she last saw you, and she has yet to make progress with your parents. The bugs in their house are working and she managed to compile a file about what could possibly be going on, and truth be told, she never expect fiction to become reality, especially with you. That was literally 5 minutes ago.

Isekai'd into a video game that she's so obsessively playing? Check.

Having fun? Most probably.

Rizzing her favorite characters up?

Her fist clenched painfully around her hair, staring down on her lap as she sits in her gaming chair.

To be honest, she never planned to stick with you for as long as she did. All she wanted at first was a distraction or someone new to have fun with (make fun of). But she slowly became possessive over you, as she never encountered someone with such character like yours and it's bullshit, she knows. It's just an excuse to stalk you for being one of the very few people on the planet who has what she wants. Sure, there were other people who did not tolerate her bullshit and called her out on it, but it was always something special about you and apparently it's enough for you to be where you are, in a fucking video game. How your parents know this, she's not sure, living her life. What has she ever done for you anyway?

Ah, yes.

To think of it, she beat up some girls for you more than a year ago.

It was around your birthday, no, actually right after.

Her fist slowly relaxed and she slumped back in her comfortable chair.

She didn't get to spend your birthday with you, she was away on a vacation with her 'parents', but after she came back, you did the right thing to invite her to hang out outside, which was rare of you, but she accepted, figuring out that she might as well since there's nothing for her to do at home.