ACT 1 : Chapter 9 Part 2

In another world, in another realm, and another planet...

With a huff, the woman turns the page.

"You better get out of there, and fast." Valentina says frustrated.

Both adults are in the office room. Luna took it upon himself to cook something in there while keeping his wife company since they agreed to not talk about anything related to Y/N outside of the office. That's how they ended with a provisional kitchen in the corner of the room. He's wearing an apron Y/N decorated for him when she was still in diapers as he mixes the cookie dough.

"What was that, darling?" He peers over her shoulder to look at what she's reading.

"The book says that she's in that place that's about to get annihilated! Why the hell would she go there?"

"Oh. Perhaps it's something that she wanted to see before it's gone. You know she can be curious. She might think there's something there that could help her. Is there anything else about her there?"

Valentina reluctantly reads more and with a sigh, she replies "Yes! This alchemy woman knows who she is and the worst thing is that the location is right in the place that's about to get annihilated!" She shrieks in alarm.

Luna stops mixing and places the bowl and mixer on the table. He carefully takes the mirror book from his wife and reads a part of the next page. He doesn't allow his wife to read any further than that, afraid that she might start worrying again. "Unfortunately yes, but from the history book and guide I made it says that she will be spotted once again in the future. She might be spotted during and before the Cataclysm but she will make it out, don't worry, love."

He closes the book and puts it back on the shelf and then sits down on the couch with her and embraces her figure closer to him. Thankfully, she calms down.

"Let's focus on what we know about her progress so far, yes?"

"Sure... What did you read?"

"Based on those entries, she managed to build a connection with the hydro and geo element so far and I suspect she builds a connection with fire during the attack on Khaenri'ah. The mirror book has not shown us her time during that yet but the history one says she will be there during it. The opportunity is there so it can't be missed easily."

"What do you mean?" She narrows her eyes at him.

Luna picks up her chin gently and cups her cheek.

"You're so worried about our daughter, it's so lovable!~" He gushes over her. Valentina blushes but she doesn't back down.

"It means that she has the chance to interact with it. Don't worry as elemental attacks should not hurt her very much or at all in any case. NULL absorbs them the best. Some vision holders who want to build a connection themselves do it by multiple means. Others interact with their elements, others bring it up through mental and emotional stimulation, and so on. I predict that she builds a connection through touch and feel with the pyro element during the attack."

"Is that all?"

"Well, mostly for now. The mirror book updates itself based on what choices she makes along the way. What we read is what happened already, the most probable outcome and it's nearly set in this timeline. We have a strong indicator too because of the other book."

"And what are the other probabilities?"

"Another one that has an 8% of happening is that she leaves Khaenri'ah and goes back just in time to witness its destruction."

Valentina sighs. "She knows about it, doesn't she? That's why she is staying to experience the attack firsthand."

"I think she feels responsible for the people there too. It looks like she figured out part of who she is from the geo archon. She can't do much now and we both know she would try to stop it but she can't. So it's likely that she'll help others survive at least."