ACT 2 - Chapter 13

To be fair, you didn't expect him to manage and fool people into giving him a job. This man is the epitome of beauty and gives off the vibes of a royal. How are people not seeing anything suspicious about that? You don't think you've ever seen him this close to humans, to mortals in general, let alone work on par with them. 500 years ago he barely used the disguise he uses now, and even then, interactions with his people were rare, aside from the annual ceremony.

You're proud, even if you knew beforehand that he was going to retire, however seeing him with your own eyes is a different thing altogether. You wonder if he works as elegantly as he is.

"Your Majesty, is this..." TT asks from beside you. He's been quiet ever since you laid eyes on Zhongli. He jumped out of your satchel right as you stepped inside the room, probably not wanting to be trapped inside another prank if there was one.

Hu Tao has left to deal with some customers and has given Zhongli some time to reconnect with you. You don't know this, but the display of affection between you and her employee has melted her heart enough to allow this.

Zhongli, however, was surprised to see the rabbit. His forever-striking gaze landed on TT and the rabbit fought a shiver off, feeling like the tall man's stare was piercing right through him. Zhongli emanated respect and he couldn't help but puff his chest out and straighten his back. He was trying to win his approval and didn't understand why.

But then you remember that you did the same thing when you first met him. Zhongli is just...

Zhongli.

Perhaps the rabbit was sensitive to certain people, you don't know, but the behavior is not the same. You expected TT to treat your friend just like he treated Venti, but the fact that he is showing respect is sort of... Baffling. You have known the rabbit for a while now and respectful of people was not in his personality unless you required it of him.

This is all him. Impressive, Tim. You nod approvingly.

Zhongli, elegant as ever, bends down to the rabbit's stature. "And who might you be?"

TT's ears twitch once. "I am Tiny Tim, friend and humble servant of Her Majesty Y/N!"

Zhongli hums in approval. "I see."

You choke on air and both their attention shifts to you. You point at TT rather comically, and alarmed. "You can understand him?! How?! Even Venti can't!"

Zhongli rises back and tilts his head slightly. "Is that so?..." He closes his eyes and takes his chin between two fingers before he opens them again to look at you. Even TT seems taken aback by the discovery, his ears being raised fully.

"My apologies, but I do not know why that is."

In truth, he doesn't know why he feels like there's something odd about the rabbit anyway. And if what you're saying is true, then, what is this creature? If it wasn't for the humanoid anatomy, he would have thought Tim was an illuminated beast, but alas, he doesn't feel like one and people typically understand them regardless. He decided not to pry into it, too much.

"Oh, well... That's alright, I guess. Tim is my friend either way."

He may not be able to help you with this, but he knows someone who could, or at least should, but he hasn't seen her in such a long time ever since... Then... It's debatable whether he should tell you or not about it.

"You look like you want to tell me something." You point out.

"Yes... It's about your friend."

You wait patiently for Zhongli to continue.