Chapter 16

Three hours have passed, Becca is still lying in Freen's room, her back facing the bedroom door. She was actually very hungry before, she hadn't finished breakfast yet, but how else,, Becca chose to endure her hunger rather than approach Freen first.

Freen actually went back and forth to see Becca, but never got to her. The first time, she came with Becca's unfinished breakfast, then stopped when Becca said hiss in an annoyed tone, apparently Becca was talking to herself at that time. Freen stopped her steps and turned around, she finally cleaned up the food and kept Becca's breakfast in the cupboard.

Then after cleaning the dirty dishes, Freen returned to her room with warm tea, but stopped when she saw Becca slightly kick Freen's blanket. For an instant, Freen thought she was going to be kicked like that blanket. Freen went back outside and kept the hot tea next to Becca's breakfast. Then Freen sat down on the sofa again, she was looking for a way to be brave enough to meet this sulky white woman, she was really worried seeing Becca like that.

Freen was back inside now, after a moment of thought. She brought a light snack in a plastic bag, when she entered Freen was surprised because Becca was now sitting with her back to Freen. And it seems that Becca's back sure looks up and down with anger. Freen slowly stepped back, she actually still doesn't understand why she should be afraid to face Becca, or because of that little slap earlier? Don't know.

Freen sat down on the sofa again, she was still looking at her bedroom door. She wished Becca would come out, and eat her breakfast. Or, talk to her.

But three hours had passed, Freen didn't want to wait anymore. She finally went in and saw Becca there. It turned out that Becca was fast asleep.

Freen sat on the edge of the bed, she sighed. She even dared to smooth Becca's hair that covered her face with her left hand, Freen didn't want to be given a silent treatment like this, she couldn't stand Becca being silent like this.

Quietly, Freen kissed the edge of Becca's lips, only briefly, not pressing them. And suddenly Becca woke up, she said, "Freen?" Becca seems surprised by Freen's behavior now, but she also feels like it was just a dream.

Freen was still sitting there without saying anything, she was still playing with Becca's hair. With that caress, Becca felt sleepy again. And finally, Becca pushed Freen's hand away, she was reminded of the previous problem. Becca sat down and slightly away from Freen, now Freen saw Becca's back.

Freen sighed again, she didn't know what to do with this angry woman, moreover Freen didn't know why. Then she said in a low voice, "Becky, don't be like that. Look at me." Freen means, turn your body towards me.

But Becca curtly replies, "I'm blind."

Freen shook her head in disbelief, she didn't mean to see the real meaning, then Freen finally got on the bed and sat in front of Becca. Their knees are close together. Freen ignored Becca's anger, she held Becca's cheeks with both hands, then pressed and pulled her gently, Freen played with that sullen face. Becca avoided Freen's hand again, she didn't want her serious mode to be messed with by Freen.

Then out of nowhere that question came from, Freen suddenly said, "Becca, you've never been curious about my face?" Freen just wanted to find the atmosphere.

Becca was still pouting with that slightly extinguished anger, jealousy wasn't as big as this morning. She didn't answer anything.

Freen smiled, because she saw Becca's eyebrows slightly raised, it was a sign that this white woman was also curious about Freen's question. She said again, "I have a birthmark on my forehead, like a thunderbolt." Freen hoped Becca would say something.