Chapter 18

____
_______ ___________

At that time, Freen with her father and mother returned from dinner. With a car that is not too good, her parents are not very rich, her father is just a teacher and yeah, her mother is from a rich family. However, her mother followed her father, living in Seoul with a moderate life. It wasn't raining at that time, just a little drizzle. Freen felt very happy, the dinner was actually to celebrate a special day, her father's birthday.

However, an unexpected incident occurred. Someone in a luxury sedan, driving fast out of control. The accident happened so fast, Freen even remembered everything, the splinters that pierced her mother and father's body, the situation was even more dire than the usual traffic accidents. Freen's mother's body as her shield, her mother protected her. The blood from her mother's head was pouring non-stop, drenching Freen's entire face at that moment.

Freen couldn't scream, she was barely even breathing, her mother was holding her very tightly. Freen saw a car in front of her, someone limped out of it. At first the man approached the car he hit, but when he realized that the driver died on the spot, the man seemed very scared. Freen saw the driver's face. Freen remembered all those terrified expressions, despite the blood raining down her face. She really remembers it.

Then when she saw her father, she was speechless, her eyes could not bear to witness it, but what can be done, everything she saw was stored in her mind. Freen simply couldn't forget what she had witnessed. Her father's face was unrecognizable, all the pieces of glass really disfigured the face of the father she loved, her father's hand was still holding the control of the car tightly.

Her father's birthday is the day her father died. The happy day of eating at a fancy restaurant, turns out to be the last moment with her parents.

Freen saw their car completely destroyed, and at that moment Freen could barely feel her legs. And with all that, Freen hugged her mother who was not breathing tightly, she couldn't even cry, Freen felt very scared. She was really afraid of being abandoned. She didn't want to be left out. Freen hoped she wouldn't wake up again, she wanted to follow her parents.

However, she woke up in the hospital, with bandages on her right leg and several cuts on her face from the shattered glass of the car. Freen broke a bone. She had to be treated for quite a long time in the hospital. Her grandmother had come to see her, she was Freen's only guardian.

It took almost a long time for the healing to go through. Freen was finally able to walk using an assistive device, as she headed down the hospital hallway, she found a large pile of newspapers at the side of the waiting area. Freen looked up the date of the accident, she wanted to know if it had made it into the newspapers.

And it's true, the news made a splash when the next day, Freen saw that the suspect had already gone to jail for driving a car while drunk and killing the two passengers in it. Freen closed her eyes, the memory came flooding back. But she could still hold it, even though her sweat was pouring out.

Jisoo accompanied her during that time, she was worried about Freen's health. Then pitifully Freen asked her grandmother to meet the suspect, not knowing why, she wanted to scold the suspect for killing her parents. At first, her grandmother would not allow it. Twice also like that, until repeatedly. Freen finally threatened her grandmother, if only she was not allowed to meet the suspect, she would run away and leave her grandmother, and let herself starve to death on the street.

Grandmother finally agreed, she would accompany Freen to prison.

However, as Freen got into the car, she suddenly remembered the blood that covered her, her mother, and her father's face, she saw all the blood splattered on the dashboard of the car, on the seats, and also how destroyed the car was. Freen replayed all of that in that second. She covered her ears, she closed her eyes, with all her might she screamed in fear. She looked down and screamed again, until finally Freen passed out because she couldn't repeat the memory anymore.