Chapter 2- The Solicitor

Hermione waved at Lucille as she came up to the nurses station

"All good on the floor?" She asked

"Yep, little Malfoy isn't settling down for his nap, but everyone else is asleep or resting quietly. How is the infamous Draco Malfoy down there? Handsome as ever?" Lucille was an avid follower of the Malfoys in Witch Weekly which of course was half trash talk half made up crap.

"His face is about 16 different colors at the moment. But he's in decent spirits. I've come up to take the little one out for a short visit."

"Wish I wasn't tied to this desk or I'd love to take him up to his daddy." Lucille sighed,

"The last thing the Malfoys need right now is their fan club invading their personal lives, Nurse Montgomery." Hermione said sternly,

The nurse straightened up,

"Yes Dr. Granger."

"Thank you. Now, I'll be back shortly." Hermione turned towards the room before pausing "Oh and add Luna Zabini to the approved visitor list for baby Malfoy for me."

"Yes ma'am."

Scorpius Malfoy was very upset when Hermione came in, the nurse who had been assigned to him was doing everything she could to sooth him but he wouldn't calm down.

Hermione decided to perform a couple of diagnostic spells to double check that the child wasn't in any physical pain since his father had mentioned his own scars being painful even eight years later. She had the nurse lay the flailing infant down on the cot and then flicked her wand over his little body. Nothing on the little boy changed colors which meant he wasn't in any physical pain.

"I think he just wants his daddy." Hermione said as she picked the infant up again, snuggling him against her chest and shoulder. He instantly calmed down, his little body shuddering with the hiccups, his thumb firmly in his mouth as he pressed his face into her neck. she swayed slightly and patted his back.

"There, little Scorpius, let's go see daddy eh?"

"I think he likes you." The nurse quipped,

"I've always been good with babies. That's one of the reasons I went into Pediatric medicine. Anyway, we will be back. Just going for a quick visit upstairs, since Dr. Zabini ordered Mr. Malfoy to stay in bed."

"All right see you later Dr. Granger."

Hermione would normally have placed the baby in a pram for the trip but it would take more time to locate one and disentangle the tiny fist from the hair at the nape of her neck than it would to just carry him and she wanted Draco to have a few minutes with the child before the Malfoy family solicitor arrived.

When she got back to Draco's room the door was standing open, and she could see Draco had his eyes closed, resting. His left eye was probably swollen shut by now, Blaise hadn't taken the time to do more than stabilize him and give him a pain potion as he knew the physical evidence on his body needed to be witnessed. Hermione knocked on the frame briefly, "Dr. Granger here with little Scorpius, Mr. Malfoy." She said, and sure enough, only Draco's right eye opened when she knocked. He started to sit up again, she quickly stepped into the room

"Please lie still, Blaise will have my head if you re-fracture your ribs that he just began fixing."

"Can I hold him please?" Draco asked, laying carefully back down.

Scorpius lifted his head at the sound of his father's voice and made those delightful gurgling baby noises,

"For a bit." She said as she stepped to the side of the bed and carefully laid Scorpius on his back in the crook of Draco's right arm; it was the lesser injured of the two and on the same side as his one working eye. Then with one hand still on the infant's stomach she levitated the chair closer to the bed before sitting where she could easily reach the baby and then let Draco hold him unassisted.