Chapter 18- Lavender's Blue

A/N:
Apparently I copied out 17 again instead of 18. So here's 18 Proper!

Draco decided to walk a bit before apparating home after his session with Dr. Carmichael. The weather had been unbelievably hot, but he had a lot to think about and needed to take some time to process.

He'd told Carmichael everything. It'd taken nearly an hour just to catch him up on everything they hadn't hit the week before. From Astoria becoming physically abusive, to getting to know Hermione again, to the kiss and how he had felt when she'd pulled away from him when things started getting more intimate.

Why did he feel that way? Because he was afraid she wouldn't love him.

Why was he afraid? Because he wanted her to love him.

Why did he want her to love him?

(Carmichael loved asking why and Draco had had to learn to look for the deeper answers.)

Why did he want her to love him? Because he loved her. It was stupid. In school it'd been mixed with vitriol because he hated himself for being so drawn to her- the one girl his father would have murdered him for loving. Now, she was literally his wife, his father was dead and gone, there was no reason not to love her.

But how was he supposed to tell her? She deserved to be courted, pursued, wooed... He had that famous Malfoy charm, surely it wouldn't fail him now that he finally had a woman he wanted to give the world to.

Merlin, he was getting maudlin. Draco dragged a hand through his hair and stopped in a spot of shade. There wasn't much of a breeze though, and even the shade was sweltering. He stood staring at the muggle cars going by for a minute. He was somewhere in the middle of London, halfway to a decent sunburn on the back of his neck.

"Drake!" He turned, Harry Potter strode toward him,

"Harry!" The two wizards shook hands cordially.

"I was just on my way back to the ministry, what's got you in this part of London by yourself?"

"Taking a bit of a walk after my session with Dr. Carmichael. Trying to get my brain back together before going home." Draco ran a hand through his hair again which was damp with sweat. "Kinda thinking I should head home soon though- it's hot as merlins balls out here." Harry laughed
"Yeah, it's a lot cooler in Godric's Hollow than out here in London."

"You and Ginny fix up Potter Cottage then?" Draco asked

"Yeah." Harry pushed his glasses back up his nose. "Speaking of home- we host a twice monthly pick up game of quidditch and we could use another player if you'd care to join us. We're playing this Saturday if the weather holds." the glasses slid back to where they'd started

"That would be a lot of fun."

"Bring Hermione and the baby, we'll have a barbecue or something. Maybe transfigure the patio into a pool if it's still this bloody hot." Harry shoved his dark hair out of his face with an impatient gesture.
"That's a great idea. Might have to do the pool trick at home. I'll check with Hermione about Saturday, but barring something pre-existing on her calendar, we should be there."

"Excellent! It'll be fun playing together instead of against each other." Harry grinned and glanced at his watch, "Crap, I gotta run. See you Saturday Malfoy!"

"See ya, Potter." Draco watched as Harry jogged away, then turned down a side street and looked for a secluded spot to disapparate back to the Manor.

There was a ten degree difference between London and the Manor and Draco sighed with relief as he stood in a shady part of the front garden for a minute. He felt Scorpius reach out to him, "I'm home, Sunshine." He sent to his son. Sunshine. Hermione's nickname for the child fit so well. He felt the excitement of his son bubble over as he poured out the memories of the last couple hours into Draco's mind.