Chapter 8- Thank you

Next morning Hermione woke up well rested shortly before dawn. She didn't have to go in to work today, but she had a bit more research she wanted to get done before the weekend. After a quick shower she kissed the sleeping Scorpius goodbye and told Luna she'd be back around lunch probably.

"I'm going to take a half day, Lune." She said, "want to get coffee after?"

"Of course," Luna said as Hermione slung her bag over her shoulder. "I'll call Ginny and see if she's free."

"Perfect. See you later!"

Hermione stepped onto the porch and apparated to the hospital.

~~~

"...we've taken her into custody and are waiting for charges if there are to be any." Draco was still processing what Harry Potter had said. His ex wife had broken into the Zabini's home and attempted to kidnap his son, only to be stopped by Hermione Granger.

"Could you have made that any less interesting mate?" Blaise asked, "so here's what really happened"

And Blaise laid out pretty much exactly what happened, he exaggerated some of what Hermione had said to Astoria but not by much.

"And she was like 'your son is dead Astoria, you murdered him' and she just let that sit for a long time. And then she goes all 'Draco's son' this and 'Draco's son' that. Mate I could hear the fuckin music in the background like one of those flippin muggle movies she likes so much.

'Draco's son will know he's loved'. I nearly cried. And then Luna brought Scorpy in and 'Mione was snuggling him and Astoria was like 'bitch thats my son' and 'Mione fuckin smiles goes 'no, this is Draco's son' and lists off his fuckin pedigree, and tells Astoria that she signed away her rights to the Malfoy heir and everything with the fuckin divorce. And Astoria goes 'what you think you're gonna raise him?' and calls her a mudblood again, and 'Mione tells her 'better a mudblood mother who loves him than a pure blood one who hates him' or some shit like that, and goes to leave and Astoria screams at her'' Blaise pitched his voice higher mimicking Astoria's shrill voice "'Draco would never marry you' and Hermione- I shit you not. Turns around, looks Astoria dead in the eyes and with the best Malfoy smirk on her face says 'he already has.' and walks out. I was shocked mate! I didn't think you'd get married that fast. But 'Mione just laughed and said she'd only said it to piss Astoria off."

Draco sat there looking at Blaise for a long moment. Shocked maybe? He changed his mind about his earlier comparison of Hermione Granger to a guardian angel- she was an avenging one.

"Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. I about had a heart attack when she said she was married too." Potter said finally, "I wouldn't put it past her to elope and just show up to dinner one night like- oh and you've met my husband." Harry dragged a hand through his hair and looked up at the ceiling like some higher power had an answer to the conundrum of Hermione Granger.

Hermione Granger had stood up to his ex wife and in pure Slytherin fashion told her to fuck off. It was beautiful.

"I think you're gonna have to marry her now Drake." Blaise said after a bit of silence

"What?" Harry exclaimed

"What? She's perfect for him! Did you see that smirk or not?" Blaise said, "and she already said yes so that's half the trouble right there."

Draco took a deep breath, "Blaise. I am not marrying Hermione Granger." He said

"Mate, you're undeniably attracted to her. she's obviously gone on you. She just handed your ex her ass on a platter- well roasted."

"I meant it when I said six months Blaise."

"Six months is plenty of time to plan a wedding." Blaise said