Chapter 20- After dinner mints

Draco tossed his jacket over the chair and collapsed onto the couch beside his wife once he got Scorpius put down for the night.

"How do I convince this dragonet that my hair isn't it's nest?" she asked as she took the strand of pearls off, her jacket was laying in the same chair as his own and he could see the entirety of the green silk dress for the first time. It had cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline- the typical queen anne style his mother loved but never wore. He reached over and ran a finger down the dragons back, "Nuri, my wife needs her hair back." Hermione blushed prettily, his wife. The way he said it made her skin tingle. The dragon stretched and took off, letting her hair fall around her face. It landed on Draco's shoulder, raising up on its hind legs to rub it's snout along his jaw. He chuckled and offered a hand to the creature. It hopped onto his palm and wrapped itself around his wrist like a bracelet, snuggling its own tail.

"You never did tell me how you ended up with a dragonet for a pet."

He leaned back, stretching his arm along the back of the couch before pulling her close beside him. He kicked his shoes off and propped sock covered feet up on the coffee table. She laid her head on his shoulder comfortably.

"After she terrified me for mucking about in the jewelry box, Father called me a coward and insisted I face my fears. I sat and cried for an hour at the thought of opening mother's jewelry box again. Father made me stay there until I did. I ended up falling asleep sitting at mother's vanity and woke up to Nuri staring at me."

"And you were friends after that?" Draco laughed,

"Only because mother was there and 'introduced' us, and the fact that Nuri is generally more curious than angry."

Since getting to know Narcissa better, Hermione could almost picture her holding the small dragon in her hands, telling her young son how to be gentle with the creature.

"She may also have inspired my misuse of the pepper imps." Hermione laughed, and Draco chuckled as well. She snuggled closer to him, it felt nice to be near him. His arm slid from her shoulders to her waist.

"I really enjoyed dinner with your parents. I was a bit surprised they weren't upset with me to be honest."

"Dad makes his own judgment calls, but mum has this sixth sense about people, so if she had thought you were a bad egg she would have told me Friday instead of teasing me about how attractive you are."

Draco looked down at her, one eyebrow raised, "so you find me attractive do you?" she blushed and scoffed,

"You know you're handsome without me inflating your ego."

"Ah, but a man likes to know when his wife finds him attractive."

"Well I do." she said matter of factly. Draco laughed lightly,

"Well, you're just a minx aren't you, Granger?" His tone was teasing and sarcastic, she snorted,

"You're the one who said he wanted six months, I'm simply respecting that boundary, Malfoy." Hermione said archly as she trailed her fingers up his arm, tilting her head back to see his face. They were so close, it would only take an inch and their lips would meet. "Should you recant," she bargained softly, "I would be amenable to researching the definition of consummation with you." If he was going to call her a minx, she would happily oblige. Now that all the important people in her life knew that she was married and to whom, she felt a new sense of freedom in their relationship.

He groaned as he buried his face in her curls, "merlin's balls, Hermione. Only you could make the suggestion of sex sound so academic." She giggled,

"So do you recant?"