Chapter 22- Bludgers and Birthday parties

"Draco!" Hermione shouted from the center of the massive foyer, she was hoping that with the twenty foot tall ceiling and tile floors turning the mostly empty room into an echo chamber there would be a chance that he'd hear her wherever he'd wandered off too. This house was way too big for just the three of them, and she knew if she went looking for him the chances of her finding him before he arrived at the foyer looking for HER were slim. So she stayed put. "Where on earth is your father, Sunshine?" Hermione sighed as she swayed side to side, rocking the baby on her hip. She had no idea where her husband had disappeared to and it was time to go. She had her swimsuit on under her tank top and shorts and the diaper bag sat waiting by her sandaled feet. The bottle of Dragon Barrel Brandy Draco had pulled out of his collection as a gift to Harry was wrapped prettily and tucked into the bag as well as the book on broomstick design she had picked out for him. She only lacked Draco. She looked down at her watch and was just about to send for Gadsby to locate him when he came striding into the foyer with his broom and quidditch bag slung across his shoulder.

"My lady called?" he said as he swung the broom to the floor.
"Where were you?" she tried not to snap at him, technically he wasn't late- they still had 5 minutes before they HAD to leave.

"Outside getting my broom. Scorpius actually called me." he leaned in and blew a raspberry kiss on Scorpius' cheek, making the baby shriek with giggles. Hermione couldn't help but smile at the interaction between father and son. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep." he shifted his stance slightly and kissed her before snagging the diaper bag and settling it on the same shoulder with his quidditch bag as he stood up straight.

"After you, Love."

Hermione stepped into the floo and tossed the handful of powder to the ground "Potter Cottage."

She stepped smoothly out into Harry and Ginny's main living area, the room pausing in the buzzing conversation to see who had arrived.

"Hermione!" Blaise called with a wave as Scorpius started bouncing and kicking, reaching for his godfather. He was by her side taking the excited baby from her arms as Draco came through the floo. The conversations that had resumed in that brief moment froze as Draco set his broom to the side and brushed the ash out of his hair. Hermione caught the sudden movement of someone turning and leaving the room, Hannah Abbott Longbottom turned to follow her husband, "Neville?" She called after him. A few moments later Hermione heard the front door slam and then the pop of someone disapparating from the yard. Hannah came back in almost in tears, Alice on her hip as she collected the diaper bag and said goodbye to Ginny who had appeared at her elbow to make sure she was alright. She left as quietly as possible, obviously embarrassed at her husband's behavior. The rest of the room stood frozen until Andromeda Tonks and nearly 9 year old Teddy Lupin came through the floo before anyone else could decide to take active offense at Draco's presence.

Draco had been in contact with his aunt regularly if infrequently the past three years and she greeted him warmly.

"Draco! Lovely to see you dear! And I hear congratulations are in order. You could have owled me you know." Teddy bounced away as only a hyper 9 year old could with a "Hi Draco, Bye Draco!"

Draco leaned down and kissed Andromeda on the cheek, "my apologies aunt. It's been a chaotic week."

"Mmmm." She lifted a censuring eyebrow at her nephew before turning to his wife and embracing her affectionately. "Hermione, welcome to the family darling. Cissa was so pleased when she heard the news." Hermione responded warmly as Harry and Ginny made their way over to greet the new arrivals.

"You're just in time! we're fixing to settle the teams for a quick round of quidditch before we eat. You still play seeker?"

"Eh, started playing chaser a couple years ago." Draco shrugged, handing Hermione the diaper bag.