Chapter 10- This is going to keep happening isn't it?

Draco was exhausted and the scars on his chest hurt like hell by the time he got to Blaise and Luna's house later that evening. He had taken Mr. Guilford to the Manor and they had talked extensively over the changes that Draco wanted for the house. He had nearly had a panic attack in the parlor. Instead he had stepped out to the corridor and had his panic attack there. Mr. Guilford followed him back out and sat with him on the floor until he was ready to get back to their work.

"I apologize," Draco said, his whole body shaking slightly as the tight bands of panic loosened gradually around his chest.

"I take it that room in particular had blood spilled in it?" Mr. Guilford asked, remembering what Dr. Granger had said at lunch. Draco nodded, swallowing hard.

"Dr. Grangers to be specific." He croaked, his mouth dry "My aunt was Voldemort's favorite minion and she favored that room for her 'interrogations'"

"I see." the older wizard took a deep breath before bracing his hands on his knees, "Well then, new flooring, fresh paint-" he paused, thinking briefly "what if we knocked out part of that exterior wall and added on to make a conservatory? It's south facing and would make an excellent addition to the house."

Draco pulled himself to his feet and offered a hand up to the older wizard, "a conservatory would be perfect."

He knocked on the Zabini's front door as he pushed it open, "Blaise, Luna, I'm back." He called as he kicked his shoes off by the door and set his overnight bag beside the hall table. He'd be staying with the Zabini's for the next couple of weeks while the work on the house was completed.

"Drake!" Blaise said coming into the entryway, "how'd it go?"

"It went well, I only had one panic attack. And we decided to turn that bloody parlor into a conservatory."

"Oh that's brilliant. Hey, you want to be in the nursery with Scorpius or have the guest room across the hall?" Blaise asked,

"In with Scorp is fine." Draco answered, pressing the heel of his palm into the part of his chest that ached the most. The panic attack had taken a lot out of him and he just wanted a cup of tea and to lay down with his book and a snuggly baby if the baby wanted to snuggle.

"You ought to take something for that, Mate."

"It's not that bad. I'm just tired." he took a deep breath and stretched his shoulders. "Where is Scorpius?" Draco asked,

"Library" Blaise said as he grabbed Draco's bag to take it up to the nursery. "Pain potions are above the fridge if you change your mind."

"Thanks." he started down the hallway as Blaise went up the stairs.

Draco quickly got himself a cup of tea and snagged a couple of Luna's "anti-wrackspurt" cookies. He wasn't so sure they got rid of wrackspurts but they definitely made him feel better. He glanced up at the small amber bottles Blaise had tucked neatly on top of the fridge and sighed as he reached for one. Between the panic attack and the last few days of not being able to do much physically, he wasn't sure he'd be able to carry Scorpius up the stairs for the throbbing in his chest. He downed the bottle with practiced precision. The less of it that he had to taste the better. It wasn't that it tasted bad exactly- but it would keep him from tasting anything else for at least an hour. He took a deep breath as the pain eased almost immediately. It was still there, it was always there, but at least now he could think again.

With his book as a tray, one cookie stacked on top of the mug of tea, the other already half eaten, he headed down the hall to the library in his sock feet. He could hear Scorpius giggling as he came to the half open door, he nudged it open with a foot and nearly lost the teacup to his hand shaking.