Chapter 6- Brunch with Grandmama

They had just finished eating and had refreshed their cups when Luna showed up with Scorpius. "Here's daddy and grandmama Scorpy!" she said in her soft voice. Narcissa took Scorpius and snuggled him close.

"I'm going to get a pumpkin juice, be right back." Luna said with a wave, Draco pulled another chair up for when she got back.

"So what magic has this little one been showing already?" Narcissa asked as Draco sat back down.

"Let your walls down for a minute." Draco told her. She looked at him, brows furrowed. "Scorpius" Draco called as he focused on his young son bringing fond memories of Narcissa to the front of his mind. Scorpius looked at his father for a minute then turned to his grandmother and looked at her for a long moment. She started and blinked several times

"Oh my!" She exclaimed. She kept eyes locked with the infant, but they were unfocused as she processed what he was showing her.

"Mum" Draco said, snagging her attention for a second, "I try to respond to him verbally to help him make connections with the words." Draco told her.

"Ah" she returned her focus to her grandson "No, Astoria won't hurt you again." she said to the baby, "Yes, she is very nice isn't she? 'Mione, is that what he calls her?" This last was directed at Draco,

"That's what Blaise calls her."

"Yes he showed me Blaise calling her that repeatedly. Scorpys 'Mione. That boy and his nicknames. Scorpy, Lune, Drake, 'Mione, Cissa." She sighed

"To be fair, Potter and Weasley called her 'Mione back in school so that's not Blaise's doing."

"Do you call her 'Mione?" Narcissa asked curiously, Draco shook his head

"She hasn't asked me to."

"And what does she call you?"

"Well she called me 'mr. Malfoy' yesterday, so I was calling her dr. Granger but then I panicked last night and called her Hermione and she started calling me by my given name."

Luna sat down in the empty chair as Narcissa asked "Not Drake like Blaise does?"

Luna answered that question "she won't unless he asks her to."

Narcissa leaned toward Luna and said conspiratorially "so why hasn't he asked her to yet?"

"Mother!" Draco exclaimed, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Only the people who I'm close with, who care about me, call me Drake. And I'd like to keep it that way."

"I think that gift she gave you this morning shows what she thinks of you quite well." Narcissa said quite satisfied with herself.

"Gift? What did 'Mione give you this morning Draco?" Luna asked,

"Her holster." He said quietly, resting his opposite hand on his forearm. Luna's already large eyes got larger. "Ooooh. That's important." She said, as Draco raised his cup to his lips she continued "I would have guessed that she kissed you." Draco choked on his coffee and Narcissa laughed out loud.

After Hermione left Draco's room earlier that morning she had gone back to her office and grabbed her old holster from the desk drawer. It definitely wasn't as nice as the one she had given Draco but the soft brown leather she had worn during her apprenticeship still fit like a glove.

She cast the necessary charms and then moved on with life. She had a stack of papers to go over but she had to get Scorpius' discharge paperwork done first.

She knocked that out in short order and sent it off to the charge nurse then made a pot of coffee before settling down to her research.

It had been about an hour when Blaise came knocking on her office door.