3.(HC) happiness is contagious

HARRY

XIII

The reason for his joy had a first and last name, and a very pretty face that he remembered quite accurately despite not having seen it in a long time. Harry was so happy after that phone call with Cedric that for a whole week nothing could affect him. Dudley's tasteless jokes would not cause anything other than an amused smirk. He would wash all the containers from his aunt's cooking session that he wasn't invited to enjoy without even inwardly complaining.

It didn't make sense that he was so pleased -it wasn't like Cedric had confessed or Harry stood a chance with him.

Anyway, he was and it was nice to feel like this.

He had also received a letter from Sirius, who was alright but hiding in a new place. It arrived when it was already dark, and Harry was writing a reply at midnight. Hedwig slept outside her cage, as Harry used to keep her unless someone knocked on the door, in which case he would lock her in for a few minutes. He heard a small noise coming from her, and turned to look over his desk.

She had woken up and headed for the window.

Harry got out of bed.

Considering the time it was, maybe Puff would be close.

He was surprised to see two bicycles approaching in the air. And he had to hold back a laugh, because it was just a hilarious picture. One had a basket and colored ribbons, and he couldn't decide who would have agreed to use that one without a problem. Or how Fred and George would have decided it, but whoever it was, they rode alone on that one. In the other, Ron was hugging one of his older brothers.

A couple of weeks still remained until the date his best friend had told Harry they would come for him. Harry was grateful that they had gone ahead in time, even if it was on children's bikes. He opened the window and immediately dumped all of his belongings into his suitcase. Like every year, he would not leave anything in the room, hoping that, as if by magic, he would never have to return ever again.

XIV

"Mum and Dad wanted to send a letter asking permission to pick you up before the World Cup," Ron explained loudly on the next bike. "We wanted to come before that, but they thought your family wouldn't accept it, since you would be gone for a whole month. Anyway, we didn't convince them and we decided to do it ourselves."

"Last time it went really well," George said, who Harry was hugging to hold on as they flew, "so we decided to go for a..."

He didn't find the ironic tone he expected to come with those words.

"Rescue Mission 2.0," Fred bellowed enthusiastically.

"Did it go well last time?"

They had gotten Mr. Weasley into trouble, had nearly revealed the existence of wizards to hundreds of muggles, and had been punished. All in order to get him out of there. Harry was just as moved this time, if not more. They had bothered again to organize a rescue plan, and Harry could see that they had put so much effort into it.

"We kidnapped you, didn't we?" Fred laughed. "That's what I call success."

He thought that was a good way to describe it.

XV

It had been a pretty neat getaway.

Nothing was broken and, as this time he had his trunk in the room, it was also silent. Harry left the door open so they would know when they woke up that he was gone. He didn't even leave a note, deeming it unnecessary. It wasn't like they were going to miss him or anything. They would be as relieved as Harry was, his face against the chilly early morning wind.