93.(CH) our own party

CEDRIC

CLX

When he shared his idea, Harry immediately agreed and decided to go to the kitchen and ask for the twins' help, which Cedric ended up acknowledging was wise once he saw the results. Meanwhile those few minutes were awkward: Cedric remembered his last conversation with George —if he could call it that way—, he knew that Fred knew about it —because even Malcolm had a fight with his brother— and he remembered that George had kind of apologized through his best friend. 

Cedric wasn't sure if it counted but at the same time it wasn’t like they were close... 

Noisy as the twins were, his silence went unnoticed.

CLXI 

Malcolm jumping, scared and surprised like a kitten, when the confetti exploded into a thousand little pieces as he entered the classroom, caused the rest to laugh. 

Nobody expected it.

Not the huge sign that said THANK YOU in billowing gold and scarlet letters, nor the big table filled with cakes, cookies and other delicacies, jugs of juice and a tea set. 

Luna was the only one who didn't look impressed but fascinated.

Harry emerged from behind all of their friends and approached his side. 

Cedric put an arm over his shoulders, pleased. “We have organized this as a way to thank all of you for your support during this year, for simply being there and being incredible friends.”

Malcolm seemed to be wiping away some tears.

"Actually, the credit belongs to Cedric's," Harry clarified, pointing to the sign behind them, and before Cedric could correct him, he added, "We're very lucky to have all of you." 

Another endless stream of confetti exploded above their heads.  

CLXII

Everyone took a place at the table, and the conversations didn't stop anywhere. Considering that it had been a while since they had crossed paths in the hallways, Cedric was talking to Luna, with a certain confidence that he tried to give her. And concern when he asked her how she was doing, even though her responses were positive since the New Year's Eve party at the Lovegood house.

Sometimes Cedric didn't completely understand Luna.

How could she perfectly maintain her friendship with Ginny after that scene at the ball? When Luna did fancy her.

Cedric didn't understand it then and he didn't understand it now either.

Luckily he didn't have to. 

A friendship involved accepting each other, with their differences.

If she was fine like this, nothing else mattered.

CLXIII

He leaned towards Harry. “How did you manage to bring them all without making them suspicious?”

"A magician never reveals his secrets," Harry replied. Cedric had never heard that before. Would that be a muggle thing? “They seem to be having fun.”

“I couldn't have done it without your help.”

"Liar, you could have," he poked Cedric's ribs with a finger.

"You gave it your personal touch," he smiled sweetly, "and the twins brought the sparkles."

Harry looked like he was about to laugh but stopped to look around. Part of the reason Cedric thought of organizing this Friday afternoon was that they had a really good time during the picnic and the two practices with their friends and he wanted to do it again.