94.(CH) purely selfish

CEDRIC

CLXVIII

The only reason he got off the mattress the next day was because of Harry.

Although neither of them slept for the recommended amount of time, Cedric fell afterwards, restless between what could happen today and thinking about what Malcolm had said. 

While they were having breakfast at the Hufflepuff table with all their friends, Professor McGonagall approached. 

"Potter," she called, a certain reproach in her voice, "in a few minutes the champions must go to the next room. And you too, Mr. Diggory.”

“But the task isn't until later?” Harry put down his fork.

"That's right, Potter. The families of the champions are invited to the last task. You have the opportunity to say hello,” she gave them both a pleasant look and walked away. 

Knowing that he would see his father very soon made Cedric infinitely happy.  

HARRY

CLXVIII

Did they even expect the Dursleys to come?

He was thinking about how much he didn't have a family when Cedric stood up and touched his shoulder. From the Ravenclaw table, Fleur was heading towards the door and Krum had just entered.

The first thing he saw inside the room was Hagrid, his great height impossible to ignore. 

The man extended his arms towards Harry, who ran towards him.

At the last moment Hagrid moved to the side, exposing Mrs. Weasley and Bill's red hair, Sirius waving enthusiastically and Remus smiling.

Sometimes Harry felt sorry for not having a conventional family like other people. A mom and dad. A brother or sister. Even a decent aunt, uncle and cousin. 

But that didn't mean he didn't have anyone.

Not anymore. 

CXLIX

If Harry thought that Mrs. Weasley gave big hugs, then Sirius intended to snatch the air away from him by lifting his body off the ground. Right there he saw Cedric a few yards away and noticed three facts:

1.He would have to officially meet his father-in-law. It didn't matter that Amos had already presented himself at the World Cup, because it was different now.  

2.Cedric looked very happy.

3.The first point would be worth it just to try to keep that ear-to-ear smile in place.

CL

Bill suggested a walk around the castle, and Harry's eyes connected with Cedric's and he knew they were heading their way. He looked away in any direction. Viktor was talking to an older lady with grayish hair and who must have been his parents. Surrounded by her mother and younger sister, Fleur looked in his direction —though Harry didn't think it was at him.

It must have been a curious image. 

When she noticed Harry, she greeted him with a gesture that he didn't reciprocate.

"Hello," Cedric greeted the rest. “This is my father.”

"Amos," he took a step forward, stopping from watching Harry to extend his hand toward Mrs. Weasley. “I’ve had the pleasure of meeting your husband. Great man.”