92.(CH) the best ones

CEDRIC

CLI

“Did you know that you cast some spells in a different way?” Cedric spoke in Harry's ear, without intending to interrupt the explanation that the girls were giving to Ron next to him. 

“Different how?” He noticed the immediate smile in his profile. “Muggle style?”

 Cedric chuckled and guided Harry a few steps away. “I don't think there is a Muggle style for that.”

“You don't? The children at my school always played in the yard as if a branch was a magic wand. Or a sword.”

As always, Cedric was surprised and amazed by everything he was told about the Muggle world. 

“And you? Did you play that?”

“No. My uncles thought it was stupid.” Harry shrugged his shoulders. “I didn't have anyone to play with either.”

And as always, it pained him how Harry had grown up.

Cedric pressed Harry's shoulder against his body, adjusting the hug. “Look at you now. A true wizard, and a powerful one. You just need to realize it.” Facts, perhaps Harry needed facts to believe it. “You're a good wizard, you know that, right?”

Harry's grimace seemed to half accept it.

HARRY

CLVII

Let's see, he didn't think he was that bad either.

Yeah, Harry guessed he was a decent one.

"You have an above-average mastery of magic and you pass all your exams, excelling in the practical part," Cedric pointed out. “And a while ago I realized that this is without strictly following the techniques of the manual. Any other wizard suffers the consequences of a spell not performed correctly, ranging from it bouncing off on one self, not working at all or being defective…”

“Are you my professor?” he questioned, amazed that Cedric had noticed all of that and that he had a point. 

The enchantments didn't usually fail him, which Harry had seen happen to other classmates. 

“We've been practicing together all year…”

"I didn't know you paid me such close attention."

Cedric pressed him against his body again and Harry didn't know if he had blushed because of the abrupt smile on Cedric's face, because of what his touch was causing him or the fact that they were in front of all their friends in such a position.

Or if it was due to his response, “You’d be surprised.” 

CEDRIC

CLII

Because everyone insisted, he transfigured a chair into a big dog whose long brown hair took on the color of the wood, but Cedric was still proud of the result. It wasn't easy to get it: it had taken him days and days.

“It's beautiful,” the girls and Malcolm got down on the floor to play with him.

The creature reacted with excitement, wagging its tail and barking.

“May I keep him?” Malcolm asked, caressing his fluffy ears. “My mom would like it and I feel like he is my spirit animal. Don't we look alike?”

Cedric was tempted to say yes.

"You’re identical," Tam laughed and Will inspected one of Malcolm's brown curls. 

"Mal, it's not a real dog," he was sorry to respond.