89.(HC) good at many things

HARRY

CXL

He decided that he would not give up. 

They returned to the classroom the next afternoon.

Without bothering to move the closet, Harry opened the door. 

The same image was projected in front of him.

This time all he could focus on was Cedric's hands pressed on his hips and the way he hugged him from behind. 

"Riddikulus," Harry muttered as if he meant it, remembering a movie. 

He turned around only a second after checking that the spell had worked. 

"I told you I would kiss you," he murmured against Cedric's lips, whose hands rearranged themselves without any delay.

"It's a little creepy," Harry felt the touch of his smile, "but I like it."

CXLI

They met almost daily.

And that same Friday night Cedric had the last watch of the course and Harry would accompany him. He was looking forward to it more than usual. 

The effects of Cedric Diggory, that's how Harry would call it.

The prospect of today's practice was not so appealing to him. It wasn't that he thought he could hurt Cedric or Cedric could hurt him.

Perhaps it seemed strange to fight a duel with him, even if it was safe.

He began cautiously as Cedric commented aloud a few things about the shields. 

“I investigated them… Ow.”

Harry felt a little guilty for taking advantage of his distraction. “What did you say?” He lowered his wand in a sign of peace.

Cedric did not imitate him. 

“That I investigated them a while ago. I thought I could maximize it enough so that… you could safely visit your other self.” He sensed the hidden sadness in his tone. He knew Cedric well enough to know that his distance hurt him even though he didn't want to talk about it. "Defend yourself," he warned Harry before casting one of those spells that he barely noticed when cast at him.

He verified it that one time. 

To be fair, Cedric gave him the time he needed. 

It was just that Harry found himself thinking about how much he wished he could force himself to make amends, but it wasn't his decision. 

CEDRIC

CXXXVII

It was a moment of luck that his spell had hit Harry, he discovered after a while. Even when he tried with everything he knew and embarked on strategies of attack rather than defense, there was no way. 

The rumors he had heard about Harry were an understatement. 

Of course, Cedric wasn't even close to the best in his course. He considered himself halfway decent, a skill that didn't call his attention. What would have to change, because he would need it in the future. 

Of course, Harry wasn't fully showing his potential either.

He ended practice when Cedric could no longer count how many times he would have died if those spells had been dangerous. Which didn't take that long. 

"You've done well," Harry smiled at him, putting away his wand. "Shall we go?"

CXXXVIII