22.(HC) quite interesting

HARRY

XXXVIII

His shirt had risen and the cloak fell behind Harry, so one of Cedric's fingers touched the skin above his hip. Oblivious to his irregular heart, Cedric looked so peaceful sleeping. 

Harry hated having to wake him when Madam Pomfrey returned.

If the scene seemed strange to her, she did not mention it.

Rubbing his eyes, Cedric listened carefully to the indications for the wound. Harry would remember them too, just in case. Washing and a few reapplications of the orange cream. "Two appointments in the hospital wing and you'd be as good as new," Madam Pomfrey said.

Then she checked on Harry and used a healing spell on him before letting them go.

"The judges have already deliberated," Bagman's voice boomed as they entered the tent. "You'll receive the results, a brief photoshoot will take place and you'll be free to return to your…"

Even Fleur protested, being the only one who looked fit to the occasion.

"So you can clean yourself up." Bagman handed each of them a small damp cloth. "I bet you wouldn't want to look like this in the photos."

"With Mrs. Skeeter?" Fleur asked with a grimace. "That woman knows how to find my bad side on camera." 

Harry seriously doubted that Fleur could have one of those.

“There’re photographers from everywhere, Miss Delacour."

It cheered Fleur up. Only her, because Viktor seemed reluctant to the idea. Parts of his face were covered in dirt, but that was nothing compared to the state of Krum's outfit. Harry hadn't looked at himself and he wiped his face off without a second thought. 

"You still have a stain there," Cedric pointed out, touching just that spot so he could identify it instantly. Harry thought he'd gotten it off, but Cedric used his very own cloth to finish the job. "Now, there it is. Better."

Cedric's clothes weren't as shabby and the cream on his cheek was beginning to absorb, leaving pale skin visible without any trace of dirt. His hair was messy in a cool way and he actually looked… 

"Do I have something on my face?" he questioned with a smile under his gaze.

Harry laughed at being caught, shaking his head. 

"Does it look… Does it look too bad?" he muttered then, self-aware.

“You look amazing, Ced. Like a warrior or something like that. You know, one of those people who have been through so much and have many stories to tell."

In fact, he seemed more like a prince.

What was a dragon without one of those? 

CEDRIC

XXXII

As he left the tent, a tangle of curly hair completely invaded his field of vision. Malcolm squeezed Cedric carelessly and when he pulled away, he didn't hide the expression of disgust at the burn on his cheek.

Harry had said it didn't look too bad.

Did he lie?

Willow and Tam hugged him too, showing no sign of fright.

Cho appeared to congratulate the both of them and Bagman chased everyone away to return to the stadium. Cedric had a doubt spinning in his head as he listened to the results, accompanied by the certainty that the wound on his face was not what Malcolm had been referring to.