66.(H) friendship or something else?

HARRY

I

It took him two nights to finally wake up first.

Taking advantage of one of his strange dreams about mysterious corridors, he pushed himself out of it. The comforting warmth under the sheets enveloped him at dawn, helping to clear up those images. Cedric's arm wrapped around him, and Harry snuggled against his bare chest, enjoying sharing the same bed. 

Carefully he moved just enough to face each other.

He felt his soft breath on the back of his hand, under his cheek. 

Cedric looked so relaxed.

With the utmost delicacy, Harry stroked his jaw, afraid to scare him.

So he backed away, expecting Cedric to startle and hit him.

As Cedric remained still and serene, Harry moved on to stroke his hair. 

His eyes closed again.  

II

A touch on his face alerted him. 

"Good morning, Haz." 

Chills remained in his memory, although he did not remember the reason. 

"I didn't mean to wake you," Cedric continued, moving his hand calmly over Harry's arm. "Although we should get up…"

“I did it this time,” he murmured, despite a yawn getting in the way. "I woke up before you."

Blurred vision and all, he caught Cedric's grin. "Yeah? You looked pretty sleepy until a minute ago,” he laughed. "You still look a little sleepy, to tell the truth."

"Of course not now." He tapped him on the arm. I woke up in the middle of the night. You were drooling,” Harry teased, but he felt bad lying. "Okay, no. But you are a heavy sleeper. I think I could've kissed you and you wouldn't have noticed."

Cedric laughed again, and Harry thought that it might have…

Sounded weird. 

At the very least.

"Did you?" Cedric asked, holding back a smile.  

"What? No, of course not."

That would have been even weirder.

"I wouldn't mind," he admitted very casually, leaning in to place a chaste kiss on his lips. More like a peck, thankfully, because Harry preferred to stop by the bathroom first. "Neither would I mind if you woke me up."

One touch on the hip and Harry really needed a cold shower.

Remembering the night before didn't help either. 

"You're a very light sleeper," Cedric pointed out, tightening his grip against his skin. "Have you rested well?"

"We slept a little late... Not that I'm complaining."

"I think we should go to breakfast."

Very contradictory of him, Cedric hugged him and didn't let go. 

"What time is it?" Harry tried to find out after a few minutes, comfortable in the warmth of his boyfriend. "I can't be late today."

Then Cedric stood up, encouraging him to do the same.

Harry took a little longer to get dressed, but he arrived on time at the meeting point he had agreed with Ron the day before. Without his help, he wouldn't have been able to spend Friday and Saturday nights with Cedric.