• 14 •

"You're going to be alright George", Clay tells me as he places a supportive hand on my shoulder. "I know, but I forgot how many people there are", I say.

The guards had opened up the gates so all the towns people were now flooding in.

"All you have to do is pull on the sword and that's it. I'll be right behind you"

Earlier the Queen had told us that we had to pull on the sword along with other people during her speech so people can see that nobody can't lift the sword.

Her speech was doing to be soon.

The less people that arrived the more anxious I got. But soon those few people turned into no people at all.

The sound of a horn fills my ears.

"Come on let's go", Clay says softly as he took my hand in his.

"Can I have everyone's attention?", The Queen shouts. The King was right next to her, with a hand on her shoulder. Everyone soon made their way over to the steps where the Queen and King stood.

"We are all gather here today to remember, our fallen solider, Sir Alec. He never once failed to show his loyalty. His endurance. And his love that had for those around him", The Queen began.

Clay and I both made our way to the line of people that was also gonna try and pick up the sword.

"Just before he took his last breathe he said I quote 'The next person who is worthy to take my place, shall take my sword from this here rock'. And just like that he was gone", She said as she stepped aside to show the rock.

"We wanted to see if his words were true. So we had our guards attempt to pick up the sword"

"But none of them were able to succeed. Even our strongest of soliders. We tried everyone", that's when the guards tried to lift up the sword one by one. 

"You're okay", Clay whispers into my ear before I walked up.

I take a deep breathe and grab hold of the grip of the sword. I give it one tug and as expected nothing happened.

I then put my other hand on top of the other, just like how all the guards did it. I pull it once then again. But suddenly I stumble back.

The crowd lets out a gasp.

I slowly look down.

I had lifted up the sword.

The rock then began to crack. And it falls over as it broke in half.

I look up at the crowd shock faces. Then that's when I see Liam who was standing in the front glaring at me as if he wanted to kill me.

I look over at Clay who also had the same shock face as everyone else.

"You..", the King says.

"You're The Chosen One", the Queen finishes.

She slowly walks over to me.

"Everyone! We've found The Chosen One!", She exclaims.

"I could just sense your heart was just as pure as his", She whispers to me as everyone cheered.