• 19 •

I breath hitches as I saw the flames of other torches. The stomps of the guards horses started to vibrate the floor beneath us.

I quickly slip off the sword cover as I looked around franticly. Finally my eyes fall upon a boulder. I sprint to it, grabbing hold of the sword's grip with my two hands.

I lift them over my head and pierce the rock.

I was surprised I was able to do it.

I take the crown off and hang it on the handle of the sword. I reach inside my sleeve, taking out a folded note and shove it into the crown's crevice. The note was me explaining to the Queen and King that I wasn't fit to be the town Guardian despite being The Chosen One.

I then rush back to Clay.

"Come on let's go!", I say as I waited for him to get on first. I see him pause for moment.

"No, you go. I'll stall them", he says as he digs the torch into the ground. He suddenly picks me up and puts me in the wagon.

"W-What!? Clay are you crazy! What if they throw you in jail or something!"

"It's fine George. I'll meet you at the house"

"No Clay I'm not leaving without you!"

"Why not?"

"Because I...because I love you Clay okay! I want to runaway with you to our house. That's what I wanted remember!", I say as I held my hand out for him.

"You...you love me?"

"Yes you idiot! Now come on!"

He smiles as he picked the torch back up. He puts it in the torch holder besides the wagon and gets in.

"I love you too", He says.

"Now's not the time GO!"

"Right!"

He picks up the lead and flicks it. Gypsy and Stratus neighed as they began to take off. I quickly bring Milo's box in my lap as I held on tightly to it.

"Sir George where are you going?!", I hear a guard shout.

The forest floor was really bumpy which slowed us down.

They were getting closer.

There has to be something that can help us!

Then that's when I see a tree that was on the verge of falling over.

That's it!

"Clay go under that tree over there!", I shout.

"What?! George that's dangerous it could fall on us!"

"Trust me on this!"

"Okay!"

Clay quickly turns and starts heading towards the tree. Right when we past under it, I stood up and tugged on one of its branches.

A big thud then is heard behind us as I sat back down.

The tree had fallen over. Blocking the the path.

"Good thinking George! That's sure to buy us more time", Clay says. But suddenly I feel  something grab my arm.

It wasLiam was on a black stallion, galloping besides us.

"You're not getting away George!", He yells. He had dry blood that was coming out of his nose from when I punched him. He then began to pull on my arm.

"Let go!", I scream as I tried to pull away.

"George!", Clay shouts as he tried to reach a hand out to grab me but takes his hand back before the wagon lost control.