Epilogue

*Short chapter*

*Time skip*
 It's been almost 3 weeks since Clay and I moved to this wonderful place.

It was just a small cozy cottage but it was enough for the both of us.

My parents have been texting nonstop, making sure I was okay. They also told me that the King and Queen said that I had left own. But never really explained to the town's people why.

The field around us was beautiful. It had flowers here and there. But what I really like about this place was the view of the horizon. Of all the different valleys.

It was perfect.

I was currently standing in front of the house as I watched Milo and Patches explore while Gypsy and Stratus were in a stable next to the house .

Patches was really like a mother to Milo. You would always catch her cleaning him and carrying him. And Milo would always follow her around. Which he was doing right now.

Though it was a bit hard for him since Patches moved very quickly but she would stop and wait for him.

I smiled as I watched them but then suddenly I feel something wrap around me. I turn my head to the side and see Clay.

"Hey George", he softly says as he rested his chin on my shoulder, hugging me from behind.

"Hi", I reach a hand up and began to play with his hair.

"Soo remember what you said when we left", he asks as he turns me around, his hand still remaining on my waist.

"I said lots of things", I say. Acting clueless.

"I remember you saying a certain phase"

"Do you now?"

"Yup. It rhymes with isle you"

I scoff. "What about it?"

"Did you mean it?"

"And what if I did?"

He then gives me his stupid little smile that I love.

"George"

"Yeah?"

"Will you.."

I giggle as I watched him hesitate.

"Yes Clay. I'll be your boyfriend"

"I was gonna ask if you will help me with something but that works too"

"W-Wait what?"

"I'm just messing. That's what I was gonna ask you"

"You're stupid"

"Last time I checked you said you loved me"

"Very funny"

"I know I am"

"You know we haven't played our game in a while"

"What game?"

"My favorite game"

"Ohh okay well..you're really beautiful. You're the most amazing person to ever walk this earth. Um you're perfect. And...there are times where I..want to kiss you"

Then without a second thought I grab both sides of his face and connected our lips.

The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. We pull away and just stared fondly at each other.

But then I feel something on my foot. I look down to see Milo. I crouch down to pick him up while Clay reaches his arm out for Patches to climb on.

I hold Milo close as I scratch Patches's head as she stood on the blond's shoulder.

Clay looks down at me and began to lean forward, leaving a soft gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I love you George", He says gently.

"I love you too Clay"

This was perfect.

This was definitely the simple life I wanted.
___________________________________
539 words

And that's a wrap!

Thank you so much for all the reads and votes, I really appreciate it. I honestly feel really meh about this story but hey practice makes perfect.

Anyways with that being said, remember you are loved and cared for. Drink water! Eat some yummy food and don't forget to get some goodnights rest!

- Willow 🤍