• 15 •

*Knock Knock*

I let out grumble as I rubbed my eyes.

"You want me to answer it?", Clay whispers.

"No it's fine", I say as I sit up.

I slowly stumble my way over to the door. "I'm sorry Sir George did I wake you?", the maid says.

"Yeah but it's alright. Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to inform you that your friend unfortunately needs to leave"

"Can he stay?"

"I'm sorry but Queen's orders. She wants you to be well rested up for tomorrow"

"What's happening tomorrow?"

"Well your coronation of course!"

"My c-coronation?" 

"Yes! It's when the King and Queen will crown you as our new town guardian"

"But, why so soon?"

"Well you are The Chosen One"

Those words made me cringe.

I'm not The Chosen One.

I shouldn't be.

"Can he please stay? I promise you it would be like he isn't even here"

She sighs. "Fine. But not a word. If the Queen were to find out I went against her orders she would fire me on the spot"

"Thank you so much"

"Goodnight Sir George"

"Night", I say as I close the door.

"Coronation huh", Clay says as I climbed back into bed.

"I really don't want to worry about it right now"

"Well I think you should at least a little bit. It is happening less then 24 hours"

"Just go to sleep okay?", I whisper as I turn, with my back facing him.

I feel the bed sink further as Clay began to spoon me. "I just want to go home. Sleep in my own bed. Sleep in my blankets instead of these stupid rich ones", I admit.

Clay leaves soft tender kisses on my neck as he listened to me.

I feel tears trickle down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut.

I know it's dumb to cry over such things but I couldn't help it.

I didn't want this life.

As ungrateful as it sounds I don't want it.

I want to keep my simple life.

Why did I have to be The Chosen One?

Everyone was in the throne room.

I'm surprised that all the towns people was able to fit in there.

The King and Queen was doing their speech while I stood behind them, looking at my feet.

I was wearing a big black cape that had a dark blue underside, a dark blue collared shirt that had flower designs on the shoulder, and I was wearing these stupid brown leather boots. I was also wearing a baldric that held "my sword".

I look over to my side and see Liam standing with a guard who I assume is his dad, glaring at me once again. He hadn't stopped ever since he walked into this room. But I slightly smile when I look to the other side of myself.

I see Clay standing there with a smile on his face but I could tell there was something else behind that smile.

Concern.

I look back to where the King and Queen stood. In front of them was a small podium that had a red pillow resting on top. But on the pillow was a crown.

A black crown that I saw Sir Alec wear in the portraits on the walls.

The Queen says something that catches my attention. Here's my cue.

"George Davidson, the Kingdom of the Northern Stars now crown you as our new town guardian" . I slowly walk forward.

The King carefully picks up the crown. I slightly lower my head and he places the crown.

Everyone in the crowd began to clap once I lifted my head back up.

Two guards stand next to me and we all start to walk down the steps. The crowd then broke into two as we walked through. Everyone was cheering.

Cheering for me.

The guards then close the big door behind me as I walked through. "You can go head to your room now", one of them says.

"Okay, Can you also send Clay over?"

"Sure thing Sir George", he says as he bows his head down.

Right... They listen to my orders as well.

I turn around and quickly make my way to my room. I could feel the cape drag along behind me. The boots were killing me and the crown felt like I had bricks on my head.

The second I got into my room I took off all of the stupid clothing and changed back into my clothes. 

I place the crown on the bedside table and I just stare at it.

*Knock knock*

Thank goodness.

I quickly get up and open the door. I then walked over to the window that had the whole view of town.

"So Sir George, How do you feel?", Clay says behind me.

"Please don't call me that",  I say as I held myself.

"Alright what's going on really? Ever since this whole thing has happened you've been acting like this"

"It's nothing okay"

"It's clearly something!", He says as he slightly raises his voice.

"It's just...you wouldn't understand"

"Then let me understand. Help me understand", he gently grabs my face to look at him.

"You should be happy about this", he tells me.

"Like come on, image how badass you'll look with your sword!"

"You think I wanted this!?", I suddenly snap. I push him away as he looked at me confused.

"Well I feel like anybody would want this don't you think"

"Well I didn't!"

"But George you're The Chosen One. This is like your destiny!"

"And what if I don't want it to be my destiny!"

"But-"

"Did you ever thought about what I wanted Clay? Everyone just thinks I'm okay with this big change in my life that I didn't want! You know what, I have to go", I say as I walked past the blond.

"W-Wait George, where are you going?"

"Just leave me alone.", I then shut the door behind me. As the sound of the door closing shut rings through my ears it brings me back to my senses.

Oh god.

What have I done? 

Clay and I had never fought before.

This is all my fault.

I shouldn't have snapped at him like that.

He looked hurt.

I get clouded with my thoughts as I walked down the hall. I tried my best to blink the tears away but they wouldn't go.

I'm so awful.
___________________________________
1072 words