4. Small Habits

(N doesn't have thoughts now. Yeah Im terrible at that.)

Its another day for N, mostly because he is still stuck in the pole.

So, what now? Well nothing eventful. A bit of eavesdropping later it is clear that S-22 is a leader of some sort. He also, is the one who wanted him caught.

At this point, N had much more questions to ask. So now it's just waiting for now. Waiting for a event...

And thats, exactly when I got inspiration.

In came the drone. He was one who punched N in the face, another drone followed. The other one was also present during the punch, watching the game. The other one wore a welding mask  with a jacket like the ones pilots wore long ago. Over the jacket was an apron, metallic but starchy. His mask was opened and kept up by a hing, his face full of scratches and eyes orange like ember.

"So. Gun issues?" he said, voice clear and soft. The voice doesn't fit him well but it was soothing

N looked at the two curiously, since they grabbed a rifle that N also had seen with his first confrontation.

N got a better hear of the other drones voice. His voice is defined as more of a mans voice, like the type you would hear from an assassin.

"Yeah. It dented the barrel." He looks towards N and then look back at the other.

"Also, it didn't have the effect I wanted to have when I shot it at it." He hands the gun to the other drone.

The drone holds it in a safe position, and cocks the gun to a bullet flying out of it. He forgot to unload the gun.

"Jill, did you forget to unload the gun?" the drone looked unpleased at the other.

Jill, looked at the other drone awkwardly.
"No?" the drone said, tone now lowered and now leaning on a table.

The atmosphere got much more stiff.

"No one taught you how to properly use a gun? Becuase I also see a dent on the stock- Jill are you even Firearm certified?" the drone said, with disappointment in his face.

Jill remarked for a moment. "I was self taught." he said, rebounding from his current position.

The drone rolls his eyes and looks further into the gun. The gun was a rifle, a hunting rifle with a wonky stock, and a dented barrel. He put the gun and aimed it, making sure the gun was empty he pulled the trigger.

A clicking noise can be heard, he then put the gun down and wrote some notes.

"Alright I'm going to ask you to not do anything so punkish, and don't use Jcjenson Hunting grade Plus rounds. If it doesn't have a measurement its dodgy."

He takes out a small box which said "JcJenson Hunting Grade Plus (all uses)"
And took out a round.

"They made these bullets to be immune to murder drones." he said, putting the bullet in and shoots N with it. Sure enough, N reflects the bullet no problem, even in a exoskeleton form.

He then reached under the table and grabbed out a munitions crate. The crate was brand new, gleaming in the light.

"This. Is what you should be using. Shen and I have been developing a new bullet, remember that revovler I gave you? Well that was just a prototype. This bullet should knock a Murder drone off its feet for a day or so. Enough time to change them with it your hearts content."

Jill looks at the drone weirdly. "Ya didn't have to add the last part Qwertz. Psycho." he said, taking one round of the bullets. "Only made 5.56?" he questioned inspecting the bullet.

It had a blue-ish shine to it, the metal was carbon metal, a light in weight and colour.

Qwertz smirked. "We got all the what not calibers, but only made a limited amount. Carbon metal is hard to find now." he sealed the box and put it back under the table. "I'll fix your gun, but you get me a pack of Tarr."

Jill nodded, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

Qwertz remained in the room with the broken gun, he seemed to be a mechanic of sorts. Not a mechanic... No. An engineer.

| He began to work on replacing the barrel when the girl walked in.

"Morning Shen, hows that migrane going?" Qwertz said, not turning to look at her but just working on the gun.

Shen, now was wearing much more formally. She swapped the sweater for a collar shirt and tie, and wore her labcoat as usual. Her hair was messy and was all over the place and she slouched as she stood in.

"Not well..." She said, heading to a desk she grabbed out a box of what seemed to be a neon blue serum. "Even since that punch my arms feel displaced... I've checked my wires and they seemed to be all in place." she said, tiredly.

(And for a tired person she speaks a lot)

Qwertz seemed to fix the gun quite quickly, almost effortlessly to the eyes of N. He then patted Shen's back, and then looks towards N.

"So, I see you guys are sentient beings after all." He said, as he rests the gun down on the desk and sits down. “You have a name thing?”

N nervously replied to the question. "N... Serial Designation N."

Qwertz coughed, and then gave a small hint of interest towards N and his name. " N? All one lettered?"

N nodded at the replied.

He chuckled a bit "I've been on the planet for just a few months. Never thought we are fighting with corporate slaves." He reclined a little on the table.

"So theres only 3 of you things? Becuase, I have seen atleast 10 of yall."

N was confused by what Qwertz meant becuase N only knew his squad, nothing about other dissassembly drones. "I only thought there was just us in this city."

Qwertz arched a virtual eyebrow. "You really haven't noticed the two other corpse structures?" the drone said, in suspicious way.

"Others?" N said unknowingly. It never came up to him that there was other murder drones in this area. All he knew was that there was J and V.

Qwertz said omniously. "I've seen you before, you're group is disappointing compared to the others." He grabbed the gun and made his way out of the room. "But uh... Your fun kid, lets talk sometime later."

Qwertz leaves the room, leaving N with Shen.

"He's like that. You know, Europeans and all." Shen said comforting. She was programming, don't know what but it sure had a few hundred lines of code on it.

The silence filled the room again, it was is only disturbed by the typing of the keyboard and notebook flips of Shen.