19.5 The fateful day

"And that is all for today everyone. This is Jill H. Wembleton with the morning broadcast and hope to see you tomorrow for more news." He finishes up his words and then closes down the radio. Jill gets up and exits the cupboard he was broadcasting in.

Incase you didn't read Part 11, Jill does radio transmissions for the mornings. He gets paid... Decently. After all it is the wasteland.

He stretches around for a moment. He then looks around. He naturally checks if Qwertz was still in the room, realizing Qwertz isn't in his room as well as N and Shen not here. He carried on with his day, doing a short sigh in the moment.

Jill entered the common room, the room was empty. There was a calendar that hung from the wall in the common room that was never used. Jill tears a couple of sheets on the calendar to get it to the current time. January 12th, 3071. It felt weird. Even though he's been in here for years, it feels like nothing has truly been changed.

Something wasn't right. He felt empty. Looking back he has had countless interactions with his friends in this common room... But he can't remember any death that has happened straight in front of him. He can't remember the number of times he did narrowly escaped death. He suddenly alone.

Of course, Blindy was there, as always, sitting by the radio listening to music. The music has always felt old timey to him. He never heard a beat from the time he loved. He watched... A crap ton of anime. He remembers that, and he knows that he has a suppressor inside him. And he wonders why he still has it on.

He shakes his head and then slowly move towards the workshop. Maybe... Just maybe if he removes the repressor, he might remember these events. As the repressor doesn't delete, just represses.

He reaches the room and frabs out a screw driver, he then grabs onto his visor and slowly pull it off, using the screwdriver as a wedger in the middle for the suctions on the edges to unstick onto his face. He got the driver off and visor off and puts it on the side, he then grasps onto a a piece of his head systems, and takes it out.

Nothing happens first. He puts his other hand inside the head and unplugs a few wires. He then places the suppressor down onto a desk. He waits for a moment. Suddenly, a icon pops up onto his screen.

603 hundred memories set to view mode.

He then scrolls through them. he started to unload the memories, from the start to the very end. He loads in the start where all the drones died in the cargo ship. He unloads the memory of a near fatal accident when he was a worker drone. He opens many of them.

Jill knew he was a common worker. He was a drone that replaced humans in dangerous hazards with heavy machinery. He then comes to the point where he escaped. That dreaded day.

Memory 17: ??/??/3053

It was another day. A snowy day in the facility Jill worked at. The sun has barely been risen up from the mountains that surrounds his work. This was normal time for him to stop working for the day. Jill was standing along hundreds of other drones in rows, all handling large machines with exhausted that vibrate violently with no source of things in sight. Just the machines angrily shaking as the drones press on small buttons and switch whatever gears need to be switched.

Jill heards a small jingle in his head. Telling him to shut the machine down. Immediately he shut the machine down and stood away from the machines. Catwalks filled with drones all around him began to move. Humans looking through cameras away from them. doors cladded with thick layers of steel.

He soon follows along with the drones, walking off.

He reaches to a place that had small coffin like areas, where the drones all lie in to sleep. Jill looks on from everyone preparing and locks eyes with a few other drones. They nodded as they locked eyes with each other. As the few that haven't gotten on is preparing, the group open up into a crawls space where they grabbed up worker drone corpses and slowly put the bodies in. T