13.5: Oneshot

(Now, imagine a fierce Scotsman narrate this.)

A scream from the distance echoed through the streets. I an expedition drone makes his way through a burning town. The town was set a blaze by the unknown. No one was able to crack down who started it.

There were... monsters. Monsters so vile and cruel. So lustful of the meat of robots that they become scraps of what they were. They were amalgamations.

Suddenly. A bell rang it the distance. A church of sorts? The bell rang again. The sweet overture of Tchaikovsky warms me as I think of the bells chimes. I began to run, I began run.

Holding a rifle in arm I continued to sprint. As I think to what the hell I've been through. These last hours have been hell. And I'll be in hell again if I wait.

They began to pile up behind me. I see... I see my friends, my comrades holding over the churches door as I rush in. That was until another swarm blocked my way.

I looked around direly for a exit. That's when I realise another group running towards the church as well. I quickly look around and bash out a path towards the group and make my way through them as well.

I grabbed out the virus and purposely stabbed one of the drones. I then grabbed out my knife and impaled him. Carrying him I threw him in the crowd as the others were able to get in safe and sound.

The doors were then slammed shut. Immediately everyone looked at me with anger.

I was met with an young drone. A brother he said he was. "What's wrong with you? That was my sister!" He said in pure anger.

I just carried on and loaded a new magazine into my rifle. There was already enough of those creatures to do as much damage as disassembly drones out there. I would be stupid to care for something. Let alone something I never had. By

To understand the blooded risk of these things that we don't even understand yet alone doesn't have a name we were stuck in the cathedral with no way out. Until we get out, I'm not stopping to kill my own comrades? Why?

Because they all are SLAVES! All of them! So as I sharpen an improvised spear I made from the scraps of the monster I'd prepare for the time we get the hell outta this place because frankly, I'm not feeling it today.

So we waited... waited... until there was a sound. A louder banging. A louder screech. Blooded things grew! Grew to the hell of a size! Grew to five! One goes flying from a swing and another gets killed by it's smash.

Me? Oh, I don't look down to death. I saw death. Those hordes around me. And I made it out. I charged at the thing. With one might I stabbed it's eyes sockets out. And they I dislodged it's right arm. And then I made a run for it.

The spacecraft came. I so close. So close. But what? The BLOODY brother jumped onto of me head and launched himself in. And I was left alone!

And you'd think that I was dead. But no. No one beats old Davie so easily. I ran back down that cathedral and grabbed the last survivors and made a run for the broken bridge.

We stood there and wondered for a good minute or so until I got the idea to use the last of the base equipment to make a zipline through. And so we made it past. And so we make our stand.

Now? Now we are marching and finishing the objective they gave us. We are taking down bloody 3E, bloody UNI for the hell we've been through. And nothing's. Stopping me.