17. The Grey-ish Snow

A/N: As the saying says, if you actually complete a large contract, the whole group gets a day off. Well, cool. What does this mean for us?

Erm... Nothing really. Qwertz is now on his solo big mission. A pretty large contract if I say so myself.

Warning: Combat heavy.

The Story.

The sky was bright. A bright of daft white. There's no blue daytime on Copper 9 as all the atmosphere can reflect is snow. The snow was still as well.

Piles and heaps build up and now just rest, no storms or anything.

Qwertz walks through the snow feel, leaving an line of footprints as he walks. The breeze didn't exist as no wind came. The murder drones are sleeping. The world was a blank canvas for the time in the daytime.

Normally this is a time for worker drones to go out for the day. A safe time. But things have shifted leaving some drones to hide for days and days upon end as forces from the rest began to reach the city. They strike at day and attack even fiercer at night. The group was lucky to not have dealt them because they were mostly outside of the city during those times.

And what is attacking from the west? Well the west is like a border. It line is filled with bunkers and abandoned high-rise mountain cities and military bases. Worker drones who believed in the doomsdays began to band together into colonies in the mountains.

Preppers that will become untouchable during the actual apocalypse of the murder drones. And proves to continue as more and more unsavoury things began to come up.

Well these drones have many faction names, to those who recalled from JcJenson like 3E, or groups that Jcjenson is actively trying to break through. The mountains have changed into a absolute war zone where the company and the worker drone factions have been fighting.

Murder drones were only deployed through flatlands in the east where commercial cities were built. Although holding the most steelworks it doesn't have military strength.

So these fields hold as a last stretch form the cities and the mountains. Where maybe if bad enough armies will start arriving here and set up operations.

And so they did.

Jcjenson's Expedition group was the threat that the western drones faced. Specialized drones geared with guns and other things. And Qwertz was there to take one down.

"Oh boy... a Contractor Douglas Viscous... Want me to sabotage a Firebird... I can do that." He said concerningly.

A sudden helicopter came into view, Qwertz grabbed out a flare gun and shot it into the sky.

It slowly came down and picked him up. There was a drone wearing a business suit waiting for him. "Your the mercenary?" The drone asked.

Qwertz nodded. "Y-yes... Qwertz." He jumped onto the helicopter and they began to take off.

The helicopter started to move from the east to the further north. The drone in the business suit stands next to him during this. "My name you already know. I heard you guys were famous on Copper 9! The ROSTER. Elites right?" The drone said in a enthusiast voice. .

They ended a more foggy area, snow began to fall down.

"Used too... We are lacking members." Qwertz said out. "Sorry, Im bit too truthful." He said giving out a bit of a chuckle.

The sky... Began turning orange. And the clouds began to turn to black, the snow that was now drifting down became fast and heavy soot.

The drone smiled back. "We all are lacking members." The drone said. "But I've heard that your still operating so I had to place an contract when I had the time. You've read the contract. I think you know your mission."