15.5 Purple Nanites

Lights. Several of them. A operating table. Tools and buckets of oil. Spare parts and more. The room was sterile. Not sterile for a humans surgery but sterile for a drones surgery.

Voices ring through the head of Uzis she places down a barely recognizable V onto the table. It's face all dried of black and it's systems all shattered. Uzi grabbed out a wire cutter, and began to work.

You see, Uzi isn't like most teenagers. She is is a text book definition of a angsty teen but she is also a mad scientist of sorts. She has so much to prove to this world that was pushed forward because of that strange man who helped her fix her gun.

If I wasn't for the man, she wouldn't have gotten the motivation to continue making this.

Her work was slow but fluid. Everything set but everything unorganized. Notes clustered around papers as she did research onto the drone.

Whoever she met, and the experiences with them has possibly changed her a bit. First it was a weird Scottish drone who died trying to fight her, then there was that weird encounter with a drone called Doll that was Russian and had a special powers that Uzi somehow also has and there was also that Serial Designation N drone that stole a perfectly good body as she was digging for V.

She began thinking of V. She was... epic. V was the only drone that she knew that had outsider knowledge of the planet they lived in. She also knew stuff about her family and the tragic problem she might have.

V instigated the fear and adrenaline that Uzi needed to survive in the wasteland unlike before where was a mere aggressive student.

And so, she finished. And V could be awake again. Though... she was a bit messed up. She ran out of yellow lights so she opted for purple LEDS.

The drone began to move. It's hands curling up. Uzi looked on with excitement as it quickly rose of the table. It blinked a few times and looked at Uzi.

"So... I'm guessing..." V said briefly. She got off the table and walked around the room.

Uzi looked on and then shouted out. "Yes! Take that Frankenstein!" She said as she celebrated.

V took a mirror that laid on the floor. She looked at the mirror, starring at the half yellow half purple lights. "Surely it will grow back." V said again as she looked back at Uzi.

Uzi was still celebrating, ignoring her question.

V shrugged and put back the mirror. "Alright then." V said with emptiness.

She can't shake the feeling that, there was something wrong with her. That this feeling was similar. She can't shake it off that... She had something wrong with her.

She immediately knew what she had to do. "Uzi!" V shouted out. Uzi immediately stopped celebrating. "Er... there's a glowing pattern on your face! Sort it out! I'm off on a business trip!" V said as she spread out her wings and bursted out of the operation room.

Uzi looked shocked, shortly after the glass shattered and scared Uzi. She then realized a symbol that was definitely on her face.