5. Unpaid Overtime.

Some years ago... N found a Old CD disc, it wrote the words 'Welcome to Jcjenson EEE!' the disc was similar to the Zombie drones disc. An old briefing however N never got it to work.

(Again, as a reminder this is a alternative universe where N didnt meet Uzi.)

N kept the disc inside the pod, tucked away in a cabinet box. Hidden from J and V. J seemed annoyed at N from keeping small trinkets and V? V gets... More ignorant then usual.

So why tell you this? Well this all relates to what is happening to the group of mercenaries at the moment.

It was the afternoon occasion where Qwertz and Shen was having tea. Shen doesn't drink tea but Qwertz sure loves to drink it.

He set two small cups down on the table, and grabbed out a kettle of sorts, already seeping out with steam.

"What flavour tea is this?" Shen asked as Qwertz pours two cups of tea however doesn't look like the tea we are used to. It was a darkish brown colour like coffee. It had a strong smell of minerals and salts.

"My favourite taste!" Qwertz answered cheerfully. "It's the taste of Sweet home." he said taking a sip. "And that taste of sweet home is coal." The drone then takes another sip.

Shen also takes a sip but finds the drink to be very bitter. " That's... Very earthy." she said, putting the cuo down on her desk.

Suddenly, the door opens and Jill and another stood before the two. Jill today was extremely tired looking, his tie

He pointed to N directly. "We need it." He said unhesitantly.

Qwertz and Shen was surprised, but didn't really question it. "Okay." they both said at the same time.

Qwertz takes a quick sip of the tea and goes towards N, unchaining the chains and gave him over to Jill. "He might bite you though." he said. Stepping away.

Jill looked down at the drone. He grabbed out a piece of instruction paper and compared it to N with disgust. "Right. Just follow us. If you don't? Die." the drone said harshly.

N became a bit skiddish, silently trudging towards the drone.

"But seriously." The drone spoke out. "This isn't even my work day."

Sometime later...

N sat on a couch as the drone held a notebook. N darted around the room and realized it was some sort of living room.

The drone sat down besides him looking at the notebook. "Right. So, you work for JcJenson?" the drone asked.

"Y-yes..." N said slowly, trembling as he felt a burning feeling behind him.

"Do you think your stay in our base of operations have been... Comfy?" the drone said, spacing out the words to give a tense feeling. "Well you don't have to answer that, seeing how frightened you are."

N was indeed very frightened for his life as that punch was horrifying. He was even more frightened with the building up of heat on his back, as if fire was building up.

"You maybe feeling eager to eat me right now?" the drone said, looking at it questioningly. A torching feeling flared inside N, his systems began to churn. "You know may just maybe another killing machine but I can really pity you." he reached into his pocket. "Really pity you."

"I can't keep up with this act anymore... This is tiring." He threw out a can of oil onto N's lap and then abruptly throws away the notebook. "Never get a job as a mercenary. They only pay you every contract." he said, reclining back on the couch. "You got housing... But its also where you work." he himself pulled out a can of not oil but gasoline. He chugged the drink and threw it to the ground.

He looked towards N, which was confused on what was happening. "Do I just..."

"Yeah, drink the oil. Can't let you go killing my friends huh?" the drone said. "Names Jill. Jill H Wembleton. Real name? No. That drone behind you is Blindy."

N looked back. A female drone wrapped with what seemed to be bandages torso to the feet execpt the hands tightly stood behind him. The drone's eyes was covered with more bandages and wore a tanned scarf and cloak finaly wearing a ceramic that was also tanned. Her hair was a white and puffy and she wore Aircons.

She didn't speak but just seemed to followed Jill here. "I'm... Trying not to burn this place into bits right now." the drone said quietly.

"She somehow controls and creates fire. Hard to explain. She's a bit shy so don't scare her. (I pay for repairs)" Jill added that part in whispering.

N took a bite out of the can and began drinking the contents. It was indeed oil. Old oil, but oil.

"I need to interrogate you on some information about JcJenson's Exp foundations. My boss askes if you know anything about it becuase, quick Wiki Leak search and it says a masscre... Thingy happened in one of Jcjenson's manors..." Jill said, everytime seemingly being more sleepy.

N became alert when he mentions the mansion. N wonders how much Jill actually knows about this masscre.

"If I remember. All worker drones working in that manor was given to the only surviving member at that time. Who else but Tessa." Jill began to build up a rant. "Robo Jesus, Tessa is annoying... Damn human is the same age, same height, and the same combat style as mine. Isn't that annoying? And the crazy thing is I've met her multiply times!"

(by all means Jill isn't just a Worker drone Tessa... they are just almost identical.)

He then quickly snapped out of the rant and went back to the tired voice. " So... Yeah, got anything I am able to report back on?"

N thought for a moment, being in a state of relaxation he said. "My friend V knows some stuff, ask her."

Jill shrugs his shoulder. "Sure." the drone said, after falling asleep on the couch.

"Is he alseep?" Blindy said from behind, still listening.