16. Heartbeat

N was mesmerized as he looked into V, the drone that was pulling him away from the spot he stood. V carried N up and above the trees and then immediately threw him down.

N started to slowly tumbled down until he opened his wings. Rebounding he flies back up to V, which was just waiting.

N looked confused. V never took attention to him, why now?

V was definitely different. The blast really gave her a more apocalyptic asthetic as well as the purple tint.

She was the same as ever, ignorant but still felt like she was waiting for something.

There was silence in the air. Until N spoke. "So uhh... V! You haven't forgotten me haven't you?" N spoke slowly, not to make the situation aggressive.

V crossed her arms. "Of course I haven't. N it's only been three months." V said with a daft look on her face. They stood on top of the clouds, where nothing is visible.

"But... you seem to have..." N continued pointing out clear difference from the last time N saw her.

V snapped at N. "What? Different?" V said rapidly. "Look N. There's something going on here that you might not actually understand or you probably have forgotten." V said abruptly.

"What? No! I haven't at all! We've always just been here killing worker drones!" N said frantically. "Well, I stopped killing them because I am working with worker drones now!"

V had a dark look. "Of course you have. You've probably forgotten by now as well. You've probably forgotten about Tessa as well."

N scratched his head. "Tessa? The technician lady?" N said obliviously.

There was again more silence. The clouds rumbled bellow them.
"I shouldn't have asked. Your both too far gone." V said as she began to fly back down.

N quickly caught up. "Wait, what do you mean both?" N said as he was the only one with her.

N and V flew back towards where the two were fighting. Now something else was there. Whatever it was... it was... interesting.

A thing slithered around as it snapped and sprung towards Jill, Jill actively jumps over it and lunge a knife into it and climbs on top of it.

The thing had... J's hair?

"V... don't tell me..."

V did absolutely told him. "Yes N, that is J. I spent the time looking for her before I got to you. I remember. I remember something that I shouldn't have but did." V said and shook N. "N. I can't tell you completely but there's something wrong with all of us. Minus those freaks there."

V looks down onto Jill, which was sliding down the things back while shooting at its arms with a rifle.

(He's the type of person that dropped out of College just to skate)

J spoke in a very robotic voice. "Seriously, epic, kick flip." As Jill dodges a strike by jumping over it and proceed to continue to slide around it.

N looks down on chaos. "Since when was J a giant Centipede?" N said ballistically.

"There's so much things you haven't learned. There's just so much missing." V said depressingly as she looked out towards the forest outside. "Look... I've been thinking N, it would be better if we'd leave this city and head West to find actually Jcjenson activity." V said as she watched the trees slowly away from side to side.

"But why? Everything here is great!" N said as he thought of the Mercenaries. I mean, they did just accept N into the group with no consideration that he does have other people but then again N was on the bad guys side and they don't want another one on the bad guys side...

N takes another look. The two horrific monsters attacking Jill and Blindy who was still unleashing fiery hell onto Uzi. The list for oil and the horrifying smile sort of spooked N a bit.

V continued to look on. "I believe that heading west is best anyways. It's best that the drones that you have met should stay here and figure out all of these messes. All of these Mutations... all of these... Cyn's... all of these infections..."

N shortly asked. "But... But we will leave them behind..."

V snapped back. "And you've only known them for a few weeks." V said as only clashing and shot sounds can be heard.

N uttered a few words. "I'd... never had the time to know you as well V... You always ignored me..." N said.

More silence continued. The silencing is silencing the silence.

V nodded. "Well I'll see you somewhere else." She said. She quickly descended down and picked up Uzi with a simple grab and started to beat the crap out of her until she abruptly gets knocked out.

(Ya know, like one of those things from Left 4 dead 2? )

Blindy immediately stopped firing flames and instead ran and jumped out of sight in fear as she shouldn't see the enemy now that it is in the sky.

She grabbed Uzi and gently placed her on her shoulder and slowly flew away.

N watches on as she flies away. Only to be interrupted by his head being chopped off by J.

Sometime Later...

We are back at the base, the only difference is that Jill stands in front of a coffin with a decapitated head.

Jill stands fourth and reads out from a script. "Today, we come fourth to mourn the lost of another one. N was a murder drone for Jcjenson. And he died by the hands of Jcjenson. We couldn't find the head, so he lies here headless. At least we can know that he rests in peace now." Jill said as he bows down.

Suddenly N's head starts to reform to Jill's very eyes. "Well about time he revived." Jill said casually as he grabbed a can of beer. "Alright guys, we finished a contract. Beers on me today."

Shen sits down with a cup of coffee and takes a large gulp. "Jill your the only one who drinks beer." Shen said condescendingly.

"Exactly. Enjoy the day off. I'm heading back to my dorm." Jill said as he got up with the pack of beer and walked off. A shot of his back is revealed where most of his cloths Re ripped to shreds And a bunch of knives stuck out of it.

N blinked a few times and smacked himself. "Well... I guess she is gone." N said as he gets up and goes to sit down at the couch, joining the rest to watch them play street fighter.