14. Syntax Error

(Ps: dont temper with calculator settings.)

N looked alarmingly towards the door as it opens, and the dog walked in. The room was pitch black. But there was a weird sound that comes out of the room. A tapping sound. It nearly sound like the button mashing of a controller...

N looks at the guard who opened the door. "Your fine." The drone said as he gave reassurance to N.

N replied in lighted heartedly with concern. "Thanks! I'm fine with doing anything anyways!" N said as he felt the doom luring onto him.

So with no further time wasted, N stepped into the dark chamber. N was in the darkness of a few seconds, anticipating something horrific that will kill him. He felt eyes looking at him. He felt unease as the glows of his head pieces start to dim.

Suddenly the light slowly became brighter as a drone started to twist back a nozzle.

The drone. Was covered in deep black wires. It's eyes red and evidently no mouth can be seen. It was tall, maybe a bit more taller then S-21. He had a slouching position and had a collar around it's neck.

The drone then waved a little as he began to introduce himself. "Name is Syntax, all calls me First Solver." The drone said. The voice was corroded and untuned. It was screech like as it spoke.

Meanwhile...

Jill and Shen was in a room full of paperwork. As Shen was cherry picking up files that looked valuable to their contract Jill began to take stacks of files at a time and read them all.

"Shen. Read faster. S-22 have us a day to get all the things we need. And my next bonus is in half a decade." Jill said exhausted as he read through.

Shen looks at Jill as he continues to grab out file to file and flipped through the sheets. "Jill we have plenty of time. Your boss isn't going to throw us out." Shen said to ease Jill a bit. Jill snapped back immediately "Watch this."

Suddenly a intercom started to screech. "May I remind my mercenaries that they have got until midnight to get out." The intercom then stopped.

Shen was a bit disgusted. "There was no need for the whole facility to know that. Hey where's Qwertz?"

At the background we see a innocent Qwertz looked around his surroundings, after immediately putting on a fedora and exited the file room while a jingle played.
"Qwertz!" It sung out.

A shot of the drone making his way through the facility as he reached the laboratory for biological weaponry. Qwertz was obviously looking for something. Something radical...

That's when Qwertz saw something... Disturbing. Five bodies, opened up and sectioned away. Five bodies of worker drones. And they aren't natural.

Machines and flesh... wires and veins... systems are covered with a thick reddish black liquid and the machinery looked just... organic.

"I'd assume your the directors side hustle?" A voice asked besides Qwertz

A scientist by Qwertz side was taking notes on the autopsy as they continued to section it off. "L402... multiple instances have been hitting the western colonies..." the scientist explained. The scientist was human. He was considerably higher than Qwertz.

"We thought JcJenson was using our own weapons against us but turns out... they have also suffered an attack from the virus." The human like machinery had now been removed from the drone. Only leaving an empty carcass of what seemed to be strands of muscle.

"Someone else got the virus and it has been spreading quicker then older instances." The scientist stares that them with discontent.

Back to N!

N was quickly to come to enjoy a cup of oil with the tall and limby drone. "Im happy To go found similar person." The drone spoke in a broken English. He himself had a large mug of oil and splashed it onto himself. "Being solver lonesome." The drone said again.

N felt comfortable with the abomination as he spoke politely dispute it's looks. N was interested in the drones dog. A beautiful Siberian Husky with a collar similar to his.

"Togo is a friend. Dog is life." The drone said again.

N smiled as he petted Togo which was lying carelessly on the floor. "I love dogs as well!" N replied happily. He then looked a bit concerned at him. "Sorry if I sound rude but... what happened to you?" N asked curiously.

Syntax looked at him with bright red eyes widened. He then answered. "The eclipse broke those." He said ominously. "The moon never meant there. Others had cabin fever."

The atmosphere went silent, only stopped by a quick sneeze from Togo that made him jump us in surprise. Syntax them pulled up a thumbs up. "But all good. 👍"

N was a bit released to hear the all good part.

"All good but no good. No good." The drone rebounded again. "Company doubles code. Code is bad." The drone repeats. "The fail to treat dead makes them me." The drone said again. He then starts to panic and rolls up into a ball. "But all bad. 👎" the drone said as it begins to rock itself.

Togo came to comfort the drone as he curled up on a ball. He gently tapped the drones head as he tries to get Syntax's attention.

To Jill and Shen

We then zoom back to Shen and Jill reading through the files. Jill has gone through majority of files in the room.

Shen looks onto the piles of files that Jill has read in a concerning way. "Jesus Jill. You read faster then me!" Shen exclaimed as Jill continued to flick over the pages.

Jill put no attention to Shen but answered her nonetheless. "When humans started using AI to do labour, they used us premade adults to scan words not read them! Something you Pill babies will never understand!" Jill said as he kept on reading.

When's rolls her eyes and cheeks another file. "Pie grenades? Bread teleporters? You sure we got the right files?" Shen asks as she reads through them.

Jill gets even more angrier. "Yes... Of course we got the correct files. We just haven't looked through enough." Jill said frustratedly as he continued to read through them quickly.

Suddenly the intercom sparked out. "Alright. Get those mercenaries out of the facility."

Jill gets frustrated. "Oh my God. Your telling me we got no information out of this?" The drone said more angrily as he hears S-22 speak out.

Shen grabbed out her laptop and pulled out a chip. "Hmm..." she put her finger tips on her lips and then pressed a few keys.

Suddenly the intercom came on again. "FINE. 5 MORE MINUTES." S-22 screamed out and then immediately closed it.

Jill turns his head towards Shen that was innocently reading a file. Jill then grabbed another stack and continued to read.

Jill scanned and scanned. He read from page to page, key word to keyword until he finally landed his eyes on something special. "L402."

Jill excitedly stuffed the folder into his duffel bag. For so long, maybe he can finish this assignment? "Great! We got it! We got the file for it!" He said standing up and twisting his body.

"We can finally get outta here and analyze the file in full!"

A/N: I wanna wrap up everything here as I might've wrote myself into a brick wall.

Also I changed the beginning so there's less N thoughts.