16.5 Blinded Past

(3070)

A small bunker was newly constructed with it, a rustic interior with wooden planks floor and white concrete walls. It was installed with all the basics, a common room with a table for playing cards and a radio for communications and leisure, a workshop for all the things they need to do their jobs, a janitors closet and a dorm section that spanned from a couple rooms.

A dozen drones hung out in the common room. And in front of it a drone standing tall and optimistic. He stood there with presentation cards and a microphone.

"Ahem..." the drones said into the microphone. "Today, I welcome you mercenaries to our new group. The roster! A fine selection of the most specialized Mercenaries near Copper Nine. I, S-22 will be your manager and will help you get your contracts. As a director of a research facilities I know we will get many things done together and hope you all will be happy in doing so."

Everyone clapped at the speech. Showing approval to how the drone acted.

Among the dozen was Jill the Fighter, Qwertz the engineer, TAD the Shield and Shen the hacker.

Others that aren't important but I'll still list are:
Lyle the scout,
Tracker the sniper,
Wind the infiltrator,
Worker Drone 40 the muscle,
Ember the Arsonist,
Nobel the Explosive Expert,
AR the Support Unit,
S-21 the secretary,
and Dave the Janitor.

Every indeed had a role in the group. But seemingly, they began to fall as time goes by. It all started when Wind got caught on a stealth mission resulting in WD 40 to get shot down and Lyle to get tortured.

Soon came a constant war with Jcjenson in the west where Jill had his infamous battle with Tessa but also costing the life of AR. That resulted in Ember sacrificed herself during a campaign to distroy a Disassembly Drone Drop Station.

It then continued as Nobel and TAD failed to beat back a giant insurgency leaving TAD to carry the corpse of Noble back home. Thankfully Jill ended up finishing off the leader.

Tracker disappeared, and Dave quit to work at S-22's facility. And finally... S-22 died at the age of 146 after he accidentally tripped down a fleet of stairs. Which lead his son, S-21 to take charge.

And that's how we ended up here... Hold on... We are missing someone. We are missing a blind person...

(3075)

Yes... right... During that space where I lay the four remained, Jill being the best of the best, Shen being mostly inactive in combat and worked behind the lines, TAD who is literally unkillable and Qwertz who is still alive because he visited Notredam during the War against Jcjenson.

And S-21. Who ignored the mercenary group and moved back into the 3E facility after his father's death, leaving a decaying mercenary group only giving it contracts and negligible wages.

So it was basically a dark age for the group, and Jill was still mourning over the recent disappearance of Tracker, a mentor of sorts to him.

"For Tracker... You were the one, who showed me how amazing a rifle could be... You brought me out of my Eto period phase... You were a true Canadian with the heart of all the bear huggers. And because of that... I throw down D.1000 and a pack of beer into your grave, in hopes this lets your programming live on in the eyes of Robo God." Jill kneels down and bows.

Shortly after Jill shudders a bit and walks away in a good mood, as his Programming repressed the memories at instant.

He came back down to a now almost empty bunker. Qwertz was out on a contract, Shen was working on something and TAD was tucked away in the former Janitor's closet.