🌕 Season 2 - Ep.1: Scare-oke 🌕

What's this?!
Back to back updates?!
Let's goooooo

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to the grand reopening of the Mystery Shack!!" Stan yells at his audience, standing on the stage that was built inside the shack's gift shop. Now that the shack had been fully fix, we even added some extra detail!

The audience cheered as Stan continued, "We're here to celebrate the defeat of that skunk, Little Gideon!" This time they booed, which Stan stopped, "Please, please. Boo harder!!" and so they did. "But I didn't catch that porkchop all alone, these three scamps deserve some of the glory." Mabel punched Stan's side at that, to which he chuckled before correcting himself, "Okay okay, most of the glory."

Toby Determined stepped forward, "Smile for the camera!"

"Your camera's a cinderblock, Toby."

"I just want to be a part of things.."

Shandra then leaned over, "Smile for a real camera."

Stan wrapped his arms around Mabel and I, when I noticed (y/n) about to step out of the way, quickly grabbing his hand to stop him, "Hey, wait! You helped us save this place too, you deserve to be in the picture."

His face grew red at that, glancing down at our hands before clearing his throat, "Oh, I just felt like it was a family moment, so.."

"Oh stop being such a pushover," Stan grabbed (y/n)'s shoulder, dragging him to be in between the group, "Smile at the camera, being famous will get us tons of cash!"

It got a laugh out of (y/n), making me smile, before Mabel speaks again, "Everyone say something stupid!"

"Something stupid!!" we all yelled as we did silly faces, the camera man taking a picture, then Stan adds, "And don't forget to come to the after party tonight at eight!"

"We're doing a karaoke bonanza, people!! Lights, music, enchantment!!" Mabel blows some confetti, "And an amazing karaoke performance by our family band: Love Patrol Alpha!!"

"Uh, I dunno...."

"I never agreed to that, ever."

"Too late!!" she kept the paper raised, "I wrote your names on the list, it's happening!"

Wendy then kicked open the front door, blowing an air horn, "Buy a ticket, people!! You know you don't have anything else going on in your lives!!"

A laugh escaped my lips, and I glanced back to look for (y/n), but something made me nervous. He was nervous, scratching at the back of his hand as he looked around the room, eyes screaming panic. I was about to ask what was wrong, when Stan's voice grabbed my attention, reminding me of something, "The town loves us, we finally got that Gideon smell out of the carpet, everything is finally going my way!"

"Hey, Grunkle Stan, now that we have a moment, I've been meaning to ask you for my journal back."

"Wha? Journal?" He searched around his suit, then laughed in realization before pulling out the journal from from under the counter, "You mean this old thing! It was so boring I couldn't even finish it!"

As he handed it back to me, confusion started to rise, "Wait, you're just gonna give it to me? Just like that?"

"What else do you want, a kiss on the cheek?"

"I... I gotta go!" I ran upstairs, dragging Mabel and (y/n) behind me up to my room.

Immediately, I locked the door, closed the window curtains, turned around all the plush toys, and turned on a lantern, turning to the other two who were now sitting on my bed, "Guys, we've gotta talk. Almost losing my journal made me realize that I'm halfway through the summer and still no closer to figuring out the big mysteries of Gravity Falls. Gideon almost destroyed the town to get his hands on this journal, but why?" I began to pace around, "Who wrote it? Where are all the other journals? What was Bill talking about when he said 'everything was going to change'? There's something huge going on right under our noses, and it's time we stop goofing around and get to the bottom of it."