🌔 Ep.2: Legend Of Gobblewonker 🌔

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

It was eight in the morning, and Mabel and I were in the kitchen after eating breakfast, Mabel raising her bottle of syrup. "Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?!?"

"I'm always ready!!" I raised my own.

"Then you know what this means!!"

"Syrup race!!!" We opened our syrup bottles and the competition began, waiting for the syrup to hit our mouths.

"Go Sir Syrup!!!"

"Go Mounty Man!!!"

"Almost... almost...!!" She hit the bottom of the bottle, coughing as the syrup finally reached her mouth, spreading through coughs. "Yes!!! I won!!!"

I rolled by eyes before grabbing the nearby newspaper, smiling at a sigh. "Hoho, no way! Hey, check this out!"

"Human sized hamster ball?" She let out a gasp. "I'm human-sized!!"

"No no, Mabel, this." I pointed at the next page, where a man was shown finding a strange creature. "We see weirder stuff than that everyday! We didn't get any pictures of those gnomes, did we?"

"Nope, just memories! And this beard hair!" She said as she pulled out some white tuffs of hair, making me cringe.

"Why did you save that....?"

As she shrugged in reply, Stan walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, knuckleheads! You guys know what day it is?!?"

I tilted my head. "Um, happy anniversary?"

"Mazel tov!!!"

He then hit me in the back of the head with a newspaper, which I was not happy about. "It's Family Fun Day, genius!! We're cutting off work to do one of those.." He sniffed the milk he took out. "Bonding type deals."

"Grunkle Stan, is this gonna be like our last family bonding day?"

Mabel shivered at the thought. "The county jail was so cold..."

"If it hadn't been for (y/n)'s quick thinking, we would still be in there."

"Alright, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker." He placed a hand on our shoulders. "But I swear today we're gonna have some real family fun! Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?!?"

"Yay!!!"

Then it actually sunk in. "Wait what?"

And so Stan forced us to get in his car with blindfolds on, which was only making my anxiety grow. "Blindfolds never lead to anything good.."

"Wow, I feel like all my other senses are heightened! I can see with my fingers..!" I felt Mabel's hand touching my cheek as I tried to push her away with a laugh, only to be stomped when we hit a rough bump on the road.

So I asked. "Grunkle Stan, are you wearing a blindfold?"

"Aha, no but with this these cataracts I might as well be. What is that, a woodpecker?"

We ended up crashing to our destination.

Once out of the car, I could hear people talking around me, and felt the texture under my shoes was a bit sandy.