🌓 Ep.4: Sock Opera 🌓

~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, guys," Mason began, all of us sitting at a table in the corner of the public library, a determined expression on his face, "Today's the big day!"

"Big day!!" Mabel yelled.

"Soos finally fixed up the laptop. If this thing works, we could learn the identity of the author and unravel the greatest mysteries of Gravity Falls!"

"You sure it'll work?" I asked, still unsure of just how great Soos's skills were, "It looks pretty old too."

"Only one way to find out," he replied, "You both ready?"

"Oh, I'm ready, baby!" Mabel opened a pop-up book that had a baby picture inside, the word Mama being said in a robotic voice.

Mason placed the laptop on the table, opening it up and pressing the start button, all of us staring intensely as we watched it loud, listening to him mutter, "This is it, this is it..!"

When it finally loaded, unfamiliar symbols appeared on the screen, as well as a Welcome spelled out across it.

My eyes widened at the sight, "It worked! It actually worked!!"

"YEAH!!" Mabel yelled after a laugh of triumph.

Beep

Mason looked back at the screen at the noise, his joy quickly being replaced by annoyance, "Ugh, of course! A password!"

"Don't you worry, bro bro!! With both your brains, (y/n)'s support, and my laser focus, there is literally nothing that can distract us from-" A soft melody interrupted Mabel, "Did you hear that?"

Not far from us, on a lounge area of the library, was a group of small kids by the fireplace, all looking up and listening to a boy around our age behind a small stage. He had bright blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, fair skin and blue eyes, and two puppets sat on his hands, singing to the children, "All my life I've been dreaming, of a love that's right for me! And now I finally know her name and it's- sing with me kids."

"Literacyyy!" the kids sang with him.

"I finally understand what all the buzz is about! Reading!" he spoke with a raspy voice as the bee, then a more feminine voice as the book, "Gimme some of that honey!" He made his two puppets start making out, chuckling along as the kids laughed.

Mabel stared at him with wide pupils, pulling out another pop-up book, this time with a heart, "Ba-bump, ba-bump!"

"Oh boy."

"Thank you, thank you!" The boy waved at his audience.

"Just when I was getting over Mermando, of course you show up at my doorstep!"

I raised an eyebrow at Mabel's sentence, "Mermando? Oh, you mean that merman you met at the pool!"

"Oh yeah, I remember Mermando," Mason said as he walked over to a shelf, "Did not care for Mermando." He then walked back with a book, opening it up, "Okay, this cryptology book says there's 7.2 million eight letter words. I'll type, you two read."

"Actually, Maze?"

"Hm?" He glanced up at me and noticed me pointing ahead, seeing Mabel now running over to the boy.