🌔 Ep.1: Tourist Trap 🌔

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

Ah, summer break.

A time for leisure,

recreation,

and taking it easy.

... unless you're me.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

My name is Dipper. The girl about to puke is my sister Mabel, and the guy in the back is our new friend (y/n).

You might be wondering what we're doing in the golf cart fleeing from a creature of unimaginable horror.

Rest assure, there is a perfectly logical explanation.

Let's rewind.

It all began when our parents decided we could use some fresh air. They shipped us up north to a sleepy town called Gravity Falls, Oregon to stay at our great uncle's place in the woods.

"This attic is amazing!!" My sister Mabel exclaimed with a bright smile, showing me her hands. "Check out all my splinters!!"

I was looking around until I heard a sound from my bed, turning around. "And there's a goat in my bed."

"Hey friend!" Mabel walked over, and the goat began to chew on her sleeve. "Ooh, yes you can keep chewing on my sweater!"

My sister tended to look on the bright side of things, but I was having a hard time getting used to our new surroundings.

"BOO!!!"

I fell back with a scream, seeing the person in front of me remove their mask while laughing. That would be our great uncle Stan. Our uncle had transformed his house into a tourist trap he called the Mystery Shack. The real mystery was why anyone came.

And guess who had to work there.

It looked like it was gonna be the same boring routine all summer, until one day at work, when we were standing behind the counter. Mabel was currently peeking at a boy across the gift shop, a smile on her face as she whispered. "He's looking at it, he's looking at it..!!"

The boy opened a letter, reading it out loud. "Uh, do you like me? Yes. Definitely. Absolutely?"

"I rigged it!"

"Mabel?" She turned to me as I spoke. "I know you're going through your whole 'boy crazy' phase but I think your overdoing it with the 'crazy' part."

"What?!?" Her eyes widened, blowing a raspberry. "Come on, Dipper!! This is our first summer away from home, it's my big chance to have an epic summer romance!"

"Yeah, but do you need to flirt with every guy you meet?"

"Mock all you want, brother, but I got a good feeling about this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if the man of my dreams walked through that door right now!!"

To our surprise, it was our uncle that walked through the door, letting out a burp which got partially stuck in his throat. Uh- oh oh, not good, ow."

"Aww, what?!?" Mabel gagged in disgust as I laughed.

Stan then walked over to us. "Alright alright, look alive, people. I need someone to go hammer up these signs in the spooky part of the forest."

"Not it!!!" Mabel and I said in synch.