🌘 Ep.8: Irrational Treasure 🌘

~~~~~~~~~Dipper's POV~~~~~~~~~

As of right now, Mabel and I sat at the back of Stan's cat while he drove to town for reasons we didn't know. I simply stared out the window the whole car ride, but Mabel was starting to get bored, starting to play with the nachos she was eating by placing them on her ears as earrings.

"Nachos earrings!! I'm hilarious!!"

"That's debatable," Stan replied before honking at whatever was in front, "C'mon, what's with all this traffic? And why is it all-? Covered wagons?!"

I turned my head when he said that, curiosity getting the best of me ad he began to drive away while yelling, "Not today, not today!!"

He stopped when people stood in front, a panicked expression on his face as he reversed the cat, and I finally asked, "Grunkle Stan, what's going on?!"

"We gotta get out of here before it's too late!!" He was then forced to stop the car as wagons began to circle around, "They've circled the wagons!! We're trapped, NO!!"

Mabel then looked out the window, seeing a small cow staring back, then she smiled, "I have a good feeling about today!"

Just then, there was a soft knock on my window, and a familiar face treated me. (y/n) stood outside the car, his usual kind smile on his face as he gave me a wave, and I could already feel my own face heating up a bit at the sight.

The three of us left the car, and (y/n) turned to Grunkle Stan, tilting his head in curiosity, "Odd to see you here, Mr. Pines, you usually avoid Pioneer Day like it's the plague."

"Pio-what?" Mabel asked for both of us, Stan answering,

"Everyday these yahoos dress up like idiots to celebrate the day Gravity Falls was founded."

"Welcome to 1863!" Toby Determined said with a smile while walking over.

Stan was having none of it, glaring daggers, "I will break you, little man!!"

Toby instantly ran away, and my sister and I began to look around, her eyes landing on thing, "Wow, look, candle dipping!"

"Woah, gold panning!" I added.

(y/n) then pointed to the side. "There's also that monstrosity," he said as he showed us a man getting- ... married to a woodpecker?

"What you talking about?!"

"Oh yeah, I remember this," at Mabel's question, I opened my journal on a certain page, "In Gravity Falls it used to be legal to marry woodpeckers."

"Oh it's still legal!" the man said as he walked over, "Very legal.."

"Come one and all, to the opening ceremonies!!" a voice spoke throughout the town.

Mabel turned to Stan with a bright smile, "Grunkle Stan, are you coming?!?"

"No thank you!" he replied, "Just remember, if you come back to the shack talking like these people, you're dead to me!"

Instantly, I turned to Mabel, "There's a carpetbagger in the turnip cellar!"

"Well, hornswoggle my haversack!" she replied, both of us spitting on the ground before running off with (y/n) behind us, hearing Stan's last yell.