Before the story

Your mother ran from the group following her in the night. She held the little baby you, and holding you tight from them. You were born with strange powers that only you had, and when the Laughing Masks found out, they wanted her.

"Come on Miss!! Give her to us! Boss needs her! You can't run forever!" One man yelled. She kept running holding tighter to her daughter. She panted as she fell to the ground in an ally. The Laughing Masks started to close in on her. The mother smiled at her sleeping daughter and laid her on the ground.

She drew a swirl pattern on her forehead with her finger. It shined as a force blew everyone back. The mother smiled and ran off, leaving the child in the ally. A small shield was raised around her, only to be broken when someone who was able to take care of her. The shield was not raised the correct way though. The shield would break when she reaches 5 years old.

~•~•~•~•Le time skip to 5 yerrs~•~•

The little 5 year old you, wandered down the streets, looking for food. You never had a mom or dad, or so you thought. You lived in the little ally you woke up in, and often had to steal food from shops. Sometimes though, people would give it to you for free.

You sat in a little flower field by a river. You had started to cry, since you had no one to talk or play with.

"Hey you! Stop crying!" A little boy yelled. He ran up to you, with a little girl, and boy following him. "W-who are you?....and w-why do y-you care..." You mumbled, tears still streaming down your face. "I care because I don't like to see kids cry! And 'cause your pretty. But you also have dirt on your face. We are going to my house to clean you up!" He yelled grabbing your name and pulling him to his house.

His mom cleaned you up and washed your clothes for you,when you arrived. "Where are you from sweet heart?" She asked. "Uh...um....a house nearby" You lied. "Alright then. You know the way?" "Yes. Thank you for cleaning me up." You smiled and started to leave. "Wait!! What's your name?" The brown-haired boy ran to the door before you left. "(Y/n)." You told him.

You only remember few things about yourself, your name being one of them. You had taught yourself to speak, read, and to walk around. Some of the other homeless people had helped you to learn this as well.
"Well (y/n), my name is Eren." The kid told you. You waved and left the home, running back to your ally, with a smile. You had finally made a new friend.