Chapter 12

"Sir! He would like a word with you."

"Fine. Watch over the stupid girl while I'm gone. Do you know exactly what this is about?"

"Something about how its done. But to be ready to go, it will be a couple hours."

"Damn him..fine. Just keep watching this idiot."

You opened your eyes to sunlight pouring in from the window. You slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes. "Hm..? I don't remember being here.." You looked around the room. Dark blue rug in the middle of the room, white couch against the wall, coffee table on the rug, a dresser with papers on top, and clothes hanging out of it. "This isn't my room...its messier then this.." The door opened and in came Levi holding a tray. "Morning." He walked over and set the tray on your lap. "Good morning Levi....hey who's room is this?" "Mine. You passed out in the Mess Hall early this morning." You blushed and all the memories came flowing in your head. "Oh.." Was all you could say. "____. We need to talk about your powers." Levi brought in a chair and sat in front of you. "Your mother told me something about them...why I had to protect you..and I should have told you sooner..but..I'm sorry.." You tilted your head and stared into his eyes. "What's wrong? You have never been like this before.." He scooted the chair closer and hung his head low. "____..let me explain.."

~le flashback~

"Why do I need to protect this brat?" Levi asked, staring at the lady. "Her powers..they could kill her. I don't want her to die an early death." She looked down at the baby sleeping in her arms. "If she were to go completely weak..and not fight against it when it fights her, it could kill her. The only way she's alive now, is because of me. It's like I am fighting it for her. At least for now. The powers like to control someone. First, it kills them, then it uses the dead body how it pleases. For instence, she could be dead, yet still walking around, and using her powers. I ask you to protect her because...your strong. If this happens to her, I know you can stop it." Levi held his arms out and the woman gave him the child. "I'll go make some tea." She bowed and walked off to another room. Levi stood there, staring down at the baby. "So...your name is ____....welcome to hell." Levi muttered. He looked around to make sure nobody was in earshot of him. "I'll protect you. So no demons can come and take you away. We can't have you die now can we?" He rocked the baby in his arms, as the woman came back with tea cups and a pot. "So Levi, how do you like her?" She smiled at him. He looked down at the baby and watched, as it opened their eyes. "Does..she always open her eyes? Or is this a first?" The woman ran over and looked. The baby looked at her for a minuet, then stared up at Levi. "I think she likes you Levi." The woman laughed and Levi just smiled down at the baby. "Well, I like her too."

~end of le flashbeck~

"So..I'm gonna die..." You stared at the bedsheets and gripped the blanket. "No. You won't. Not when I'm here. I made a promise and I plan to keep it." Levi looked at you, determined to keep you safe. "Thank you Levi.." You smiled up at him. He leaned back a bit, taken by surprise. "What?" You got worried and he shook his head. "Nothing...just...you have the same smile as your mother." Levi stood up and pushed you down, forcing you to lay down. "You should get some rest. I'll wake you when your needed. Call this your day off." You smiled and turned on your side, closing your eyes to fall asleep.

Sorryyyyy its a crappy updaaate...pwease forgive me reader-chans!! >.<