#Twenty-Nine

Nehalla

They don't understand what I had to do to survive. When Master Thailog ordered me to do things for him. I haven't had other choices, but to be the perfect little soldier. What other choice did I have? He saved me from loneliness and helped me keep my sanity. What the hell am I thinking? I don't know what's happening to me. Why did I act this way? Until I saw the statue, everything was fine with me. I don't understand why I acted like that?

"What the heck is wrong with you? Why would you want to destroy what's left of Hajjar?" Morpheus asks me.

I can see the anger through his eyes. I've never seen him so angry before. If I think about it, he has never been so mad at me before. I don't like it, I don't like it at all.

Before I can stop myself. "It's that bitch's fault," I say, pointing to the statue of Hajjar and Kally.

"Never call her that!" He warns me. Unbelievable, even he's on her side.

Now, I am beginning to feel pissed off. "Why does everyone jump in her defence? After all, she's the reason why Hajjar is a freaking stone."

Morpheus growls. "You don't get it, do you? Her past actions rely on me from the guilt of what I have done to my brother. When he thought he had lost you, he wanted to join you in the afterlife. I still don't understand how he managed to convince me to take his place as the new Chief. Convincing me to fight him to the death for the throne. After the fight, I was haunted by the fact that every happiness, every good action brought by my new title was done by killing my own fleshing blood. That guilt was consuming me. So when I learned she saved him and saw him alive and well, I felt so relieved, I got my brother back."

The weight of his emotion is to handle right now. I need to breathe! I have to get out of here. I turn around and run as fast and as far as I possibly can. I know I'm not alone because I sense someone following me.

To my great disappointment, it was not Morpheus as I thought it would be. It's a falrowven, which I have never seen before. Griffin must have sent him to watch my every move. I sigh, I don't think they trust me and I don't blame them.

Can you blame them? My conscience wonders. Where were you when I needed you? No, don't answer, I already know. Anger and jealousy blinded me from being able to hear you. But I know it wasn't just that. Something else made me act this way. But what was it? I wonder.

I feel drained physically and emotionally. Too much had happened up until now. I need to rest. I look at the ground, calling me to lay upon it to sleep.

I don't waste a moment. This idea is so appealing that I decide to lay on the ground and close my eyes. I feel that I will quickly escape to the land of my dreams.

I should have known that my luck won't let me sleep for long. I sense someone tapping on my shoulder. I sigh and put my arm above my eyes, blocking the sun from them.

"What is it?" I ask desperately.

"It's time to go!" Morpheus orders me. Tch. Can't he see I'm trying to sleep? I turn away from him, showing him my back.

"I said, it's time to go! Don't make me say it again." He warns me once more. The nerve of that male, ugh! Who does he think he is? Oh!!! The nerve of this guy.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't want to go," I say without moving.

I growl. If I keep this up he will show me his teeth. "What and you think you can stay here? Unless you want me to drag you back, I suggest that you move your ass and tail." He has the nerve to say this to me.

I start to turn my back around, one thing to look him in the eyes to tell him to leave me alone, but the expression on his face makes me realize that it is not the time to piss him the fuck off.

"Okay, you win. Happy now?" I ask with desperation as I get up.

"Far from it." He answers, walking.

What is his problem?

When I see him leave the falrowven's territory, I stop walking right then and there.

"Where are we going? Don't you want to bring the statue of your brother with us?" I ask.

"It's none of your business!" He responds as he continues to walk right ahead.

WHAT!

I speed up my pace to catch up with him. I go right in front of him, placing my left hand on his chest to stop his movements.

He takes a few steps back from my touch as if it burned him. I can't say that this gesture didn't sting a little. For some reason, I don't know why I felt this way.

He rubs his eyes and sighs. "You won't let go of this, will you?"

"You know me so well." I don't wait to answer and give him my most beloved smile.

"Hn." This is the only answer I hear. He rubs the back of his neck, wondering whether to respond to my request.

Do it. Do it, do it. I say over and over in my head.

"It will remain here." He finally answers.

WHAT?

"I'm sorry, maybe I didn't hear you quite well. Did you say that the statue is going to stay here, with them?" I ask, pointing with my finger in their direction. Unbelievable."You trust them?" I keep on asking.

He pinches the bridge of his nose. "I trust them more than you with the statue!" I look at him stunned. "Don't look at me like that. You didn't leave me much of a choice. Not after your performance."

"And what about your mother?" I try my last card on the table.

"What about her?" He wonders. Is he doing this deliberately?

"When she'll find out. Don't you think she would like to see it, to see him like this herself?" I try to make my point so he will change his mind.

"By the goddess female, you never give up, do you?" He looks at me, annoyed by my audacity to continue this conversation. "I talked with Griffin and if my mother wants to see the statue herself, she can come here. Before you ask me, she can bring someone with her while she's here. Now I don't want to speak of this again. Understood?"

I only nod.

"Glad to know you decided to drop this. Now come on, it's time to go home." Morpheus grabs my wrist and drags me with him.

I don't have many other choices than to follow him. Then it hit me hard. What if they don't want me back? What if they don't understand what I did? Oh no, I'm not ready to go back there. Not ready at all.

Vote & Comment