#Thirty

Morpheus

What the fuck, am I suppose to do now? In one corner I have to watch over my clan. When they find out what she has done, they will want justice. At first, my people will be happy to see her alive and well, but what alarms me is their reaction when they found out about her betrayal. And at the other corner, she's the one I've always loved. I don't want to see her suffer even more than she already has.

I have no choice on the matter, I will not make the same mistake my brother did. I won't put her above the member of the clan. They are my responsibility, but that doesn't mean it won't bother me, to sentence her for what she's done, because it will, it will very much.

I think back to when Griffin and I spoke after she ran away.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Back in the forest with Griffin:

"She's a handful. Isn't she?" He asks as we both see her flee from here.

"You have no idea," I reply, shaking my head.

He asks one of his people to follow her.

I am on my guard when I see the sergozard approaching the statue. It's strange, he looks at it as if it's the most important thing in the world to him. I wonder why?

"Don't mind him. He's always here watching over the statue. My sister keeps him company, he's always here because he never leaves the statue out of his sight. She's his only friend." Informs Griffin.

Hn, that's strange, I wonder why?

Griffin smiles at me when he sees my expression change.

"Sovack, why won't you share with him what you told me." He keeps on saying.

Okay, now my curiosity is at its peak.

As he looks at me, I can see him struggle with the idea to share.

"He's my brother." I try, pointing at the statue.

"As I already said before. My queen and I share a connection. It started when I attacked her the first time I met her. One point led to another, she bit me and swallowed some of my blood. This is how I lost my connection with my previous queen. Kally became my new queen." He let out.

"Can you get to the point?" I snapped, rubbing my eyes. Looking at him, I noticed that he didn't appreciate my comment.

"Like I already said, I have a connection with my queen and it isn't broken yet. Even if she has turned into stone, I can still feel her. It's as if she's sleeping soundly while waiting to be awakened at any moment now but can't do so."

I do not know how to process all this information and therefore I ask the only thing I can think of.

"And my brother?"

"I don't know about Hajjar. I can only sense her." He says, moving away from me.

As a take towards him, I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Don't waste your time, he won't tell you more and besides, I wanted to tell you something," Griffin removes his hand.

"I spoke to both my sister and Sovack, we all agreed that we shouldn't be talking about this to your little friend."

I was going to tell him what I thought as he spoke again.

"Before you say anything, we think the statue is the target of her madness. Let me explain, after seeing Hajjar turn into stone, something snapped inside of her. It's like she's in a constant battle with herself. She can't tell what's right or wrong anymore. To prove my point, earlier when she was in the cave with my mate and my sister, she seemed normal. Even when she saw you after all this time. When we showed you the statue, she went ballistic."

"I believe you, now that I saw it with my own eyes. The statue should remain here with you, but I have a request. Let my mother come with someone so she can look at it herself." I knew that my mother would want to see her son. She would be furious at me if I didn't think to include her in all of this.

"No problem, she is welcome to see the statue." He says right away.

I tell Griffin that I have to go back to my people. I look at my brother for the last and say my farewell to both of them. Yes, even the sergozard.

I track Nehalla to see where she has gone. I found her lying on the ground, sleeping. I don't wait and go to her side.

When I look at her, I can't help but think that she is so beautiful even when she sleeps.

I dismiss these thoughts from my mind. I think it would never be the right time for us. It could never be an us. She's my brother's mate, no, was! Okay, okay, calm down. I tell myself, as I take a deep breath to regain my thoughts and sanity.

I lean toward her and tap Nehalla on the shoulder to wake her up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Present time:

We are walking side by side, lost in my thoughts when suddenly I feel her hand on my arm. She prevents me from going any further.

What does she want now?

She must have seen how annoyed I was because I saw her staring at me with disappointment.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I'm going to be your prisoner when we get back, aren't I?" She asks but doesn't look at me.

"What did you expect? That I'll let you walk freely, without consequence. You betrayed our people by betraying Hajjar, the one that you were supposed to love." I say harshly.

As she flinches, I knew I went a little too far. I didn't think about her feelings in all of this. By Lerial, can't I take a break?

"Look, I can't promise you anything, but I will do my best so that you don't have to stay locked up all the time. Nor can I hide this from my people, especially my mother, and you know it. It's the best thing I can offer you, for now." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. It's my turn to look everywhere but at her. Pathetic, right?

I was so wrapped up in my mind that I didn't even feel her hand on my arms. When did that happen? Hn. I was so lost in my mind after our little talk that I didn't notice her moving towards me. In the future, I have to be more careful when I'm around her.

"Thank you." She says. I wasn't expecting that. Thank me for what, exactly?

We are so close to one another that if I take a step closer to her, our noses could touch one another. She is so fucking close, too close. I can't think straight.

Without warning, she brings her mouth to me, kissing me. I can't stop it even if I wanted to. I craved this moment for so long. I feel my entire body come to life. Even my cock is awake now. No, this is wrong! I have to stop this before it goes any further.

"What the fuck are you trying to do?" I lash out. "Do you take me for a fool or something? Don't try to seduce me so you can get out of this. I already warned you, I'm not Hajjar." I growl.

I push her a little forward so she keeps walking. I know I was harsh on her, but I had no choice. I can't let her in. Not after what she did. She's going to be the death of me if she pursues this.

Vote & Comment