#Fifty-Nine

Zan and Echo swam underwater while the others travelled on the boat they used before. They travelled to the deserted island where Kally was from before living in the center of the forest. Where she first encountered Hajjar.

Echo and Zan were the first to arrive. Before stepping outside the river, Zan took his mate in his arms, kissing her. Echo seated on his lap to face him. They knew they had a little time before the others would get here. They took every moment they could have for themselves. To Zan's surprise, Echo took the lead. She wanted to drive him crazy.

She dove underwater to put his manhood in her mouth. Zan didn't want to come in her mouth. He wanted to be inside her while that happened.

He led them to the shore of the river. Once Echo was under him, he spread her legs to enter her with one thrust. Zan was the one in control now.

Once they were both dressed, they saw the boat while it approached the shore.

"Where do we start with our research to find Lerial sepulchre?" Sovack was the first to speak when they regrouped on the land.

"Are you sure it's the way to do so?" Zan wondered. "Don't look at me like that. She is our goddess. We are about to disturb her graveyard. Is this a wise decision?"

"I know it's unthinkable to do this to our Goddess. If it were another way, we would take it, but there aren't any. It's the only way to stop him."

Zan lifted his arms as if he wanted to surrender. "You guys, I trust you. I just pointed out a fact. If there is no other way. I'm with you all the way."

Kally stepped forward so everyone would look at her. "We have to hurry to find it. We don't have time to waste. We're lucky that Thailog didn't send an army already."

"Where do we start? Did you see it? The cave is big." Sovack pointed at the entrance of the cave to make a point.

"Does the book say specifically where we can find Lerial's sarcophagus?" Hajjar asked Nova since she was the one holding it.

Morpheus slapped the back of Hajjar's shoulder. "Good point, brother. We shouldn't waste our time. We don't have many left."

"Maybe we don't have to look everywhere. And if the place we're looking for, we've seen it." Nehalla said, looking at the ground, thinking at the same time. "The center of the cave. Yes, that must be it. It's where you gave your blood before those two turned into stone."

Kally shook her head. "I was afraid you'd say that." After what happened to her and Hajjar, she wasn't ready to go back in there, but deep down she knew she didn't have a choice. She had to suck it up and deal with it.

"We have to be sure so we won't waste our time," Nova added. "Morpheus is right. We don't have much time left."

"Think about it." Nehalla tapped the side of her head. "It all happened in the center of the cave. Even the crystals guided us there." She reminded them.

Sovack rubbed his mouth, thinking. "Perhaps it would be wise for someone to guard the entrance. Just in case."

Morpheus had his eyes on his mate. "I'll do it." He wanted to do everything in his power to protect her and his unborn cub.

"I'll stay with my brother. He may need a hand." Hajjar was glad to assist his brother. It would allow them to spend some time together.

Ever since he gave his title to Morpheus, he didn't have the chance to spend time with him. Of course, he wanted to be at his mate's side, but he knew he could count on Sovack if anything happened to him.

Once they reached the entrance of the cave. It was hard for Nehalla and Kally to leave their mates behind.

When Morpheus spoke to Nehalla as he put his hand on her stomach, this didn't go unnoticed by his brother, Hajjar.

"You're pregnant?" Hajjar asked her surprisingly, looking at both of them back and forth.

Nehalla only nodded to him. She kissed Morpheus one last time before she went into the cave with the others. The last thing she saw before entering was Hajjar hugging his brother to congratulate him on the news he had just received and heard him say that he was happy to become an uncle.

Zan and Sovack made torches lit with fire. It was a good thing they did so, because even with the presence of Kally in the cave. The crystals on the wall that once glowed in her presence, didn't shine bright anymore, for they had served their purpose the last time they were here.

"And to think that last time we were here, you and I were enemies. Now look at us, working together to stop a greater threat," Nehalla spoke to Kally as they walked towards the heart of the cave.

"I know. Last time you weren't in your right mind. Thailog manipulated you," Kally said, looking at Nehalla. "And now look at yourself. You're going to be the mother of a little cub, and I'm going to be the aunt. Who would have thought that would even be a possibility after everything? Sometimes life is funny like that. I'm Glad that this time you're with us." Kally gave a genuine smile at Nehalla.

As they entered the heart of the cave, memories of what had happened before came to the surface. They noticed that the five large flat rocks were still there intact as nothing had happened before.

Just like the first time they were here. Nova stood in front of one of the large flat rocks to read what was written on it. "We will know the chosen one since she will have a piece of the goddess Lerial with inversely. When the first blood enters this body, the process begins. She will have a blood connection with those who share their own with her. If one of them dies before all this is over, she in her turn will disappear. Protecting her is their duty. When all this will be done, the last test will await her. Once it is complete, she will have to go to where it all started and return what she has already taken."

"Why didn't I think of this before? The book!" Kally's eyes landed on Nehalla. "Where did you find it? How did you know which pages to tear off?"

"I don't know." Nehalla shrugged. "All I remember is that my eyes felt different as if they were glowing. No longer after that, I had the book in my possession. I heard a voice different from Thailog telling me to do so."

Kally rubbed her chin, thinking. "Echo, does the book tell us what to do next?"

"No, only what we already know." Echo opened the book, flipping the pages.

Nova observed the large flat rocks. She remembered when she had to cut her hand to put some of her blood on it. They all did. No longer after, the scriptures lit on each of the stones. She wondered where the blood had gone through. Maybe underneath the ground? What was under all of this? Could these be the answers they were looking for? One thing is for sure, they would need more muscles if they needed to dig.

Vote & Comment