Chapter 4

Song for chapter dandelions----Ruth b

 I woke up at 5:18 a.m. and decided I would go watch the sunrise. I could never sleep well the first night. I carefully open my door thankfully it doesn't creak. As I'm heading down the stairs I go slow and they decide to betray me and creak super loud. I walk out the back door and head down to the beach. As I turn around the corner I see a familiar-looking person sitting down by the waves. I contemplate turning around but I decide I'll have to talk to him eventually. I head over to where he is sitting he looks like he is deep in thought and doesn't realize I have sat next to him. I tap his shoulder and he looks happy to see me. What were you thinking about? He was about to tell me but we get interrupted by Belly. I look at her and ask What are you doing awake. She laughs and says it doesn't matter and then suddenly runs back towards the house. I look back to Conrad but I guess the moment is ruined, cause he pulls a joint from his ear and goes to light it. I stop him and say Let me have a puff and he says no like 5 times. so if I can't smoke you can't smoke either. He laughs and puts it away. As I'm looking at the waves crash on the sand he looks at me and starts to apologize for almost kissing me last night. I look at him confused and go you remember that? You never remember anything when you drink. He looks upset now and says " Never mind, forget it" and gets up and walks back towards the house. I stay outside for a little longer then decide I'm hungry and start to walk back inside to eat some cereal. As I step foot inside I hear Susana scream and suddenly I'm running towards her scream. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. I said what she screamed I was making sure she was okay. I catch Conrad smiling at me. She just explains that Belly decided to be a Deb. 

After breakfast Susana and the other moms dragged me and Belly out of the house. They said we needed new clothes. After what feels like 5 hours of walking shop to shop we are finally done. I say I'm so excited to go home and rest just for them to laugh at me and say we have to go to the country club now. As me and Belly are walking towards the club she spots Jere and calls him over but he doesn't seem to recognize us. I look to Belly and realize we don't look like our normal selves. We are both wearing this weird fancy thing on our heads, I'm certain all 4 boys would make fun of us if they saw us. Jere seems to stifle a laugh when he realizes it's us. I would smack him but I don't have the energy.  As we are walking I decide to text Conrad and tell him I'm sorry. That seems to be all I have done so far and I've only been in cousins for a day. 

As we head inside Jere stops and introduces us to this lady. I think he said her name was Paige. She says we are late and instructs us to sit at table 2. I heard Belly mutter a word that sounded like shit. I look over at table 2 and she's right. There's the girl Conrad was making out with last night. All the debs are talking to Belly and me about living with the Fisher brothers every summer. We say it's great. Then Paige starts talking. After she is done Belly and I notice some familiar-looking people walk outside the door. We both say Excuse us as we both sprint to the door trying not to cause a scene. Belly stops them they both turn around and smile. It's Cam and Brandon. They invited us both to the drive-in later tonight. 

 The next chapter has the drive-in scene and part of the twin's birthday 718 words