Chapter 12

The next morning 

I sleep in because it's finally Saturday. I wake up around noon to the smell of muffins and the light spilling in through my curtains. I head downstairs and hear giggling when I pass Conrad's room. His door is cracked so I peek in. Of course, Nicole is here. I continue walking down the stairs head for the kitchen and grab a chocolate chip muffin. They are my absolute favorite they have sugar sprinkled on the top of them. As I bite into it Nicole and Conrad walk into the kitchen. Suddenly my muffin doesn't taste like heaven anymore. I go upstairs put on my bikini grab my phone and head towards the pool. Belly is already down by the pool. As I'm about to get in the pool. My phone chimes. It's from Brandon. 

I get in the pool while I wait for Brandon

I get in the pool while I wait for Brandon. Belly and I start to swim laps. As I go up for air I see someone sitting by the pool with their legs in. It's Brandon. I get out grab my towel and say Let's go walk on the beach. We walk on the beach the sand feels warm on my feet. We decided to sit on the beach. He tells me that he wasn't ditching me on purpose on the 4th. He explains that Gigi is his neighbor and her parents are going through a divorce. He was gonna tell me bye and tell me what was happening but I was busy dealing with an intoxicated Belly. 

After a While of catching up, I decide I'm gonna ask him to be my date to the deb ball. Hey Brandon will you go to the debutante ball with me? I was wondering if you were ever gonna ask me he says. We back to the house holding hands. We both get in the pool. A while later Jere, Shawn, and Steven come out and get in the pool too. We decided to play Marco Polo Brandon being it first. I get out of the pool as quietly as I can. Jere also gets out and as I'm about to get back in. But suddenly I've been submerged in the water I swim up just in time to hear Brandon yell fish out of water. I look to Jere who is laughing for shoving me in the pool. This goes on for a while. We all quit playing and Bradon and I swim over to our own little corner away from the boys and Belly. We start to lean in to kiss but suddenly get splashed. I shield my eyes and see that it was Conrad who jumped in the pool fully clothed in his white striped long-sleeved shirt and shorts. He surfaces from the water laughing. I splash him and say that wasn't funny. I grab Brandon's hand and we get out of the pool. We grab our towels and start to head inside. We go get changed Brandon in the main level restroom and me in my room. We make our way back to the living room sit on the couch and turn on a movie. 

We decide on "it happened one night" and as we turn it on everybody else comes in from swimming. I thought we could watch the movie alone but everyone else had other plans in mind. They all change and come sit with Brandon and I. Conrad comes and sits on the other side of me and Nicole is next to him. Squishing 4 of us on the couch. I lean into Brandon and put my right hand down by my side. My hands are still cold from the water but suddenly there's something keeping them warm. I look down and see Conrad's hand resting on mine. I look up at him and he smirks I go to move my hand but he gives me a pleading look. The movie finishes and Conrad finally lets go of my hand we were lucky the living room was dark cause I'm positive if Nicole noticed she would cause a whole scene. We all tell Bradon bye except for Conrad who I know doesn't like Brandon. Conrad walks Nicole to her car. I go upstairs and get ready for bed. Tomorrow we have the play it forward fundraiser. Shawn is supposed to be my partner hopefully we do well Shawn stinks at volleyball. 

love you guys thanks for 320 reads vote please and comment don't be a ghost reader.

770 words