Chapter 5

Song for chapter I like me better------Lauv

Back at the house Me and Belly go and tell Susana about our date. We tell her cause both our moms are really hard on us at times. We know they care but Susana is just the best person to talk to. I decided to go with this cute cousin's shirt I cropped last year and some jean shorts. Belly did a crop top too. As we head down the stairs the Boys message us and say they are on their way. Me and Belly stop near the couch to look in the mirror and Jere notices us and says " Damn, you guys look hot. Shawn and Steven both turn around and tell him to stop flirting with their sisters. except they say it at the same time look at each other and start laughing. Jere takes this as his chance to ask us if were driving with them. We look at each other and shake our heads laughing at him and say we have dates. Conrad suddenly looks at me and says With who. I doubt you actually care fish boy. "I do care and I wish you would stop calling me that". You are the one who believed Jere Steven and Shawn about it. I still can't believe you thought kissing a fish would turn it into a mermaid. We all start laughing as we remember him kissing a fish and then crying to Susana when we laughed at him. We all stop when we hear a quiet honk outside. Me and Belly smile at them and say our goodbyes. 

Belly heads towards Cam's car and I wait for Brandon. I sit on the porch waiting for him but he never shows up. Eventually, Conrad came outside and saw me crying. He says Weren't you supposed to be on a hot date. He then realizes what happened and pulls me into a hug. I break apart from the hug cause my phone buzzes. Conrad sees it's from Belly and says to give him the phone. I oblige and peek over his shoulder to see what he tells her. 

The moms tell us we need to go

The moms tell us we need to go. I go to get in the car with them but Conrad grabs my hand and pulls me along with him. He says I'm riding with them. Usually, I would try to argue but he is being very sweet tonight. In the car, I sat in the back with him Shawn rode in the car with my mom to talk about colleges. Conrad sits at the window I go to sit at the other window but he pulls me so that I'm sitting next to him. Once we get to the release party we all go our separate ways. Or at least that's what I thought. I look back and see Conrad following me. I look at him confused and say Why are you being so nice tonight. All he says is it's happened to him before. I look at him and say Who would ever stand you up. He smirks at me. He says he'll be right back. A few minutes later he comes back with chardonnay. He pours me a glass and one for himself. After maybe our 3rd glass Laurel calls Connie over to her. He says he'll be right back. But whatever Laurel says upsets him I guess and he leaves me standing by some books and sits on the couch with the guys. I go sit by him and he seems to relax. Shawn says he's bored, Jere suggests we go crash Belly's date at the drive-in. I say no and Conrad agrees they say"Fine you two can stay here but we are going to the drive-in". I decide to shoot Belly a text to warn her. 

The moms gathered me and Conrad after the party and took us home since the guys left us

The moms gathered me and Conrad after the party and took us home since the guys left us. Conrad and I help each other upstairs. I hear the front door open and decide to go ask Belly how her date was but stop. When I heard her yelling at Jere for ruining her first date. I head back upstairs instead and go to my room. But someone is in there. Connie? what are you doing here? He looks startled. "Nothing I uh was just looking at Chase I'm surprised you still have him".  OK well, can you please leave I'm tired. "Yeah uh, goodnight meads". Night fish boy.

 Thank you all for 60 reads that's absolutely crazy. leave comments and vote this is my first book

this chapter was 847 words also I wrote 2 chapters today