Chapter 18

After putting on a soft cotton oversized T-shirt and some ripped shorts. I head out my bedroom door and shut it gently behind me. Trying to avoid Conrad but his door was open and he quickly got up and tried reaching out to my hand. I jerk away from him and rush down the stairs. He is still following me but thankfully I run into Belly and Taylor. They ask if I'm ready to go. I nod my head and walk with them towards the door ignoring the looks Conrad is giving me.

Once we are in the car I get in the driver's seat as I'm the only one licensed to drive us. Belly and Taylor try and ask what's with the tension between Connie and me I tell them it's nothing and keep driving. Once we get to the party we all greet the Debs and while Taylor and Belly are chatting about their days I beeline straight to where the drinks are and take a shot. A few shots later and we are all sitting in a circle playing never have I ever. There's talk about using a stuffed animal for you know what 😳. Then there's talk about skinny dipping I didn't even think about it and said fuck yeah let's do it. We all go down to the pier and start undressing. I get in the water after Belly and Taylor and start to swim around. Someone says to avoid jellyfish but after 5 shots I don't remember who it was. In the distance, someone's phone goes off. The sound of a chime was heard by all of us. We all looked toward the pier as 2 girls stayed there. They feared a jellyfish would sting them. Gigi calls over to Nicole saying Conrad texted her. I feel myself getting hot in the face and go underwater. As I resurface I start to see the headlights of the car fading in the distance. I look over to Belly and Taylor and I can't help it I scream and say I knew they were bitches. I swim over to the pier and see that it is my phone and Conrad texted me not Nicole.

 I swim over to the pier and see that it is my phone and Conrad texted me not Nicole

We all get out of the water and see that they stole our clothes. We find a sheet to wrap ourselves in and Belly says we should walk home like this. Taylor agrees with her. I look at them like their crazy and grab my phone. They look at me and say I can't call Conrad. I tell them duh I wasn't gonna. I scroll through my contacts and find Jeremiah's name. He answers in the first ring. I fill him in on what happened. A couple of minutes later we see a pair of headlights then another pair of brighter lights show up. Both cars Park and we all look at each other. Then of course Conrad shows up. He rushes over and doesn't even acknowledge Jeremiah and gives us a bag full of our clothes. I don't tell him anything. I grab out my clothes and hand the bag to Belly she does the same and hands it to Taylor. I look up at the boys who look nervous and tell them both not to be pervy and look away. They clear their throats and look away. We get dressed behind the giant sheet the boys are holding up. With the car headlights still on I start to think about who I'm gonna ride home with. I don't even wanna talk to Conrad so I guess I'm going with Jeremiah. After we are all 3 dressed Conrad still ignoring Jeremiah and he has the nerve to ask me to go with him. I shake my head no and walk over to Jere's car and get in the back so Belly can sit in the front. Taylor goes with Conrad. I stared out the window mindlessly not hearing anything Belly and jere were talking about. I only realized we were home when I heard Belly slam the car door. I go to get out of the car but as I reach for the door handle it opens. I look up to see jere staring at me. I go to say what's wrong but he cuts me off and asks if I'm ok. I nod my head and go to walk inside but he grabs my hand. He pulls me back to where he was standing and says his brother is stupid and that I deserve someone who loves me and sees how special I am. I look up and meet his ocean blue eyes and I feel my face start to heat up. It took a second before my brain registered his soft lips against mine and I felt myself start to kiss him back. As we pull apart I see a huge smile on jeres face. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah I say. I walk inside to find Conrad sitting in the living room. He looks over at me and I walk up the stairs ignoring his calls for me. As I reach my room someone pulls me back into the hall. I don't even have to turn to know it's Conrad I can tell it's him by his calloused rough fingers. He used to play guitar so much that his fingers would bleed. I turn to look at him and tell him to let go I'm tired and wanna sleep. He just gives up and nods his head. I finally step into my room and shut my door I flop down into my bed and feel my start to drift off to sleep.

First chapter in awhile I'm so sorry I haven't been updating there's no excuse😂 just haven't felt like writing. This chapter is 966 words hope you love it