Chapter 11

The way the waves are crashing is so calming. I miss the saltiness of the ocean air. It's still so hot out even though the sun has gone down. Conrad and I stayed out at the pier for an hour kissing his lips are so soft. We were talking like we used to. I've missed you I tell him.  He grabs my hand and continues to apologize. Conrad, it's fine really. We should probably go inside I say. He grabs my hand and we start heading towards the house. He lets go right before we walk inside. My hand feels empty I miss the heat of his hand. I go to my room and put on an oversized cousin's beach shirt with the beach on it. It's old frayed and grey. Laying in my bed all I can think about is how a couple of months ago. Conrad iced me out and started acting cold and distant.

Morning

I wake up at 8:30 a.m. I grabbed a pair of jean cutoff shorts and a shirt I got last year with a lighthouse on it. It's almost as soft as the day I bought it. Today we have the first waltz lesson.  I grab my phone and contemplate texting Conrad. 

I hit send and walk down the stairs, me and belly eat some cereal

I hit send and walk down the stairs, me and belly eat some cereal. Belly had Captain Crunch. But I loved the Coco Pebbles I always ate them with a little bit of chocolate milk. We headed toward the door.  We left in my mom's car. Taylor Swift's Cruel Summer was playing on the radio. I turned it up Super loud when the bridge came on Belly and I screamed the entire thing. As we pull up to the country club we see some of the debs outside. We get out of the car and head toward the other debutantes. Nicole immediately asks me if I know why Conrad left her on read last night. I say no and walk away with my back towards the debs I try not to smile. I did know why he left her on read. She texted him 3 times when we were on the pier together. 

Flackback

After Conrad kisses me we sit on one of the benches and talk for what seems like seconds but is hours. He tells me about how he quit football even though he loved it. I tell him how much I've missed talking to him these past couple of months. I tell him how Shawn had a girlfriend but she only dated him for some bet. We both agree that it's messed up. Then his phone buzzes. He looks at it and puts it back in his pocket. After a couple of seconds in silence and a few fireworks going off, it buzzes again. He takes his phone out and stares at it. I stand up to leave thinking out moment is over. When he grabs my hand and tells me to stay. But whoever is texting you seems more important than me I tell him. He genuinely looks upset with what I said he pulls me to him holds my face and tells me I'm the second most important girl to him besides Susannah. Ok then who's texting you so much I ask him. It's just Nicole she keeps talking about why I left her earlier. Why did you leave earlier? I couldn't stand seeing Brandon flirt with Gigi in front of you like you didn't matter. I don't even think about it I lean in and kiss him.

End flashback

As I'm heading inside Belly comes up to me and says I was kind of rude to Nicole. I guess I never told her about the party when she left early. I suppose I won't tell her she has this image of Nicole in her head. I don't wanna ruin "her big sister's image" for her. After everyone makes it inside Paige instructs us to partner up. Belly and I are the only ones without partners. Mrs. Covenington comes up to me and says she'll dance with me. I look over to Belly who is dancing with Nicole. I look after and see that Paige is gone. I look over to Belly who is now giggling like a kid with a whopppie cushion. Jere and Belly make their way over to the Alexa and Jere tells it to play so pretty. Everyone stops dancing and starts cheering for Jere as he dances. After about a minute of this impromptu dance party, Paige comes back And she doesn't look too happy. She stops the music and asks Jere why he isn't at the pool. He looks a little frightened, to be honest, and says they had a code brown and lost the keys to the chemical closet. I look up as Jere is leaving to see Conrad. He waves and I go to wave back but notice Nicole raise her hand and wave at him. His smile drops a little. He turns and leaves As I go to grab Mrs. Coveningtons hand I feel my phone buzz. I look at her and ask if I can check it. She nods her head. My heart skips a beat seeing it's from Conrad.

 My heart skips a beat seeing it's from Conrad

I get home around 3 p.m. I run into Susannah in the kitchen and ask her if Conrad is home yet. She says no and that he is still sailing with Cleveland. I decide to go up to my room and read a book while I wait. It's been about an hour before I hear a ton of giggling from downstairs. I head downstairs to see what's so funny to see all the snacks in the house spread all over the counter. Along with my mom and Laurel lying on the floor. I laugh and go back upstairs to wait for Conrad. After reading 5 more chapters in my book I hear some noise coming from outside. I look out my window to see Conrad with a trash bag. I go out to the backyard to see what he's doing and the backyard has trash everywhere. Snack wrappers littered all over the ground. I laugh and startle Conrad I tell him it was the mom's I'm pretty sure they were high earlier I tell him. As I start to help him pick up trash I tell him I wanna talk about last night. He looks up at me and says"Last night is kind of a blur I don't really remember much" I look at him and can feel my heart breaking. I say we almost kissed you seriously don't remember. Did we he say's? I'm done I tell him I'm not gonna keep fighting for you when you push me away. That's all I tell him and I go back upstairs to continue my book.

I'll try to write another chapter tomorrow I'm so sorry for not posting I've been really busy.

Anyway I love you all Thanks for 282 reads that's absolutely mind-blowing. 1204 words